Who can do this? A Moodle Admin can do this for all courses, or an Instructor or non-managing Teacher can do this for their own courses.
In order for instructors to access their Echo360 media analytics through Moodle, a link to the Echo360 analytics tool must be added as a course activity. It should be hidden from students, as only Echo360 instructors and administrators can view student viewing data for media.
To add the Echo360 media analytics tool link to a course
- Navigate to the Course Page: Home Course Name.
- In the upper-right corner of the course page, click the Settings icon.
- From the Settings menu, select Turn editing on as shown in the below figure.
- Once Editing is turned on, in the main course row at the top of the page, select Add an activity or resource.
- From the list of Activities, select the tool labeled Echo360 Media Analytics or similar, as shown in the below figure, and click Add.
- In the Add an External Tool form, provide a name for the tool that clearly identifies it as your link to Echo360 media analytics.
- Optional: Click Show more to expand the General section, and ensure or change the tool to open in a New Window if the default is not set that way. This allows for more space to view and work with the data provided.
- Expand the Common Module Settings area and select Hide from Students under Availability as shown below. Any user clicking the Analytics link who is not an Echo360 instructor or administrator will be taken to their Library page.
- Expand the Privacy section of the page, and simply ensure that the first two options are checked (Share launcher's name and Share launcher's email). They should be set by default and not editable.
If they are not checked and you can check them, do so. These are REQUIRED to identify the user and allow them into Echo360.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save and return to course.
- On the course page, click the Settings icon again and select Turn Editing Off.
The course page should now show an activity link to the Echo360 Media Analytics. The link should be paired with a "Hidden from students" message on the page as shown below (visible to instructors or teaching assistants only). Note however that teaching assistants are prohibited in Echo360 from seeing student viewing and polling response data. Those users will be taken to their Echo360 library when they click the link.