IMPORTANT: For full Zoom/LMS/Echo360 integration, Echo360 Instructors MUST be opted in to the Automatic copy of Zoom recordings to Echo360 (the toggle is turned on). In addition, their Zoom login email must match their LMS/Echo360 email, OR they must configure an Alternate email for their Zoom account.
See also Zoom Integration for Instructors and Teaching Assistants.
Zoom offers an LTI Pro app that can be used to provide Zoom meeting access and scheduling directly from each of your LMS/VLE courses. Furthermore, once you have linked the LMS/VLE course to an Echo360 section, and configured your Zoom class meeting schedule, the resultant recordings are automatically copied into the Echo360 section. Students can view the recordings through Echo360, as well as any other course materials you may publish into the section for them.
The following is an OVERVIEW of the steps required. Where available, help articles are linked providing more detailed procedures.
- Install the LTI Pro App from the Zoom Marketplace onto your Zoom account.
- Configure the LTI Pro App as follows:
- Create LTI Credentials in the LTI Pro App. These will be used in the LTI Provider Tool/App in the LMS.
- Scroll down on the Credentials page and add the Approved Domain (base URL) for the LMS/VLE to the Credentials configuration.
- Enable the Tracking Field option for the Credentials configuration.
- Enter context_id as the LTI attribute for the echo360_course_context Tracking field.
- Complete other options for the credentials if needed. Refer to the Zoom LTI Pro documentation as necessary.
- In Echo360, as an admin, navigate to Settings > Institution Settings > Integration > Zoom > Global Settings (on the right side of the page), and TURN ON the Zoom LTI Pro Section Mapping toggle.
- In the LMS/VLE, add a new LTI Tool/App using the Zoom LTI Pro credentials (URL, Key, Secret). Be sure the tool is made available for instructors to add to their LMS/VLE courses.
- If you are using Blackboard, add a Placement for the Zoom tool you create, and select Course content as the tool type.
Once the Zoom tool is available, the Instructors can complete the rest of the steps (or an Admin can, if that is your institution's workflow).
See also Overview - Completing the Zoom to LMS to Echo360 Integration for this process and links to LMS-specific documentation.
- As an Instructor, enter an LMS/VLE course.
- Add an Echo360 Tool link to your LMS course.
(For Canvas, this link may already reside in the left navigation, but add the link as an Assignment if you want to push Echo360 analytics to the LMS Gradebook.)
- Click on the Echo360 tool link and map to an existing Echo360 course/section or notice that a new course/section has been automatically created through LMS Simplified Provisioning.
- Add a Zoom LTI Tool link using the Zoom tool created by your administrator.
(For Canvas, this link may already reside in the left navigation.)
- Click on the Zoom tool link.
- In the Zoom interface, click Schedule New Meeting
- Complete the fields as you usually do for scheduling your class meetings.
- Scroll down and be sure to enable Automatically record meeting to the cloud under Meeting Options.
- Save the new meeting.
All of these meeting recordings will now automatically be published to the linked Echo360 section. The classes with those recordings will appear in Echo360 after the meetings complete. The recordings are also written to the instructor's Echo360 library
PLEASE REMEMBER: All documentation provided for either the Zoom interface or the LMS/VLE interface is designed to guide you through the process. But all LMSs are different and each version is slightly different. You may need to refer to the specific product documentation or contact your Zoom or LMS support representative for additional assistance.