Account settings are accessed by clicking the Settings icon (it looks like a gear), located in the top right corner of the screen, then selecting Account Settings from the settings menu. This is shown in the below figure.
If you are an instructor or a teaching assistant, your Account Settings page may also have a Zoom Settings tab on the left. If so, see Zoom Settings for your Account for information about this tab.
If you are an administrator, you have an Alert Preferences tab on the left of your Account Settings page, See Customized Administrative Alerts for more information on this page.
The Account Settings page contains a variety of fields which include:
- First and Last Name. This is the name shown in the top bar of Echo360, as well as throughout the site for other users to identify you. These fields are editable.
Email address. Your email address also functions as your username and is unique to each user. This may or may not be editable, depending on your institution's settings.
If you use an LMS to access Echo360 or log in through an institution portal, you should never change your email addresses separately in Echo360 unless specifically instructed to do so by a system administrator. If changes are made in the LMS or in the institution's records, those changes should be reflected automatically in Echo360.
Password. You can either create or change your password from this page. See Creating or Changing Your Echo360 Password for additional information.
Password Requirements: Echo360 requires passwords of a certain strength in order to secure our system. Here are some tips for generating a usable password:
- Avoid single dictionary words (and no, ch@racter substitutions don't h3lp - too easy to guess)
- DO use multiple words, foreign words, or an uncommon phrase - include letters/numbers/characters to improve strength
- Avoid alphanumeric or keyboard sequences such as abcd, 1234, qwerty, 09876
- Avoid your name or any location or dates associated with you (including recent/future years)
- Phone Number. The phone number entered here is only used to recognize you when responding to in-class activity slides via SMS. If you want to respond to activities via text message, be sure to enter your mobile phone number here. Message and data rates will apply. See Responding via SMS for additional information.
- Time Zone. Select the time zone you live in. By default, this is the time zone for the Institution you are enrolled in.
- Preferred Language. Use this drop-down list to select the preferred language to use for the Echo360 UI. The language selected here overrides your browser setting. See Supported Languages for additional information.
- Picture. You can upload a picture or avatar for your account profile. This picture appears across the site to identify you along with your name.
If you make changes, scroll to the bottom and click SAVE.