This article is MOVING to: https://learn.echo360.com/hc/en-us/articles/4416830749325
We apologize if you landed here from an Echo360 article link; we are in the process of updating all of those occurrences. If you have bookmarked this page, please update your bookmark to use the above URL.
Who can do this?
Any collection member with Manager access level can clone a collection. Admins can clone any collection they have access to.
Cloning a collection consists of three basic steps:
- Select to clone a collection.
- Give the new collection a Name and a Description (you can edit these details later if necessary)
- Add users to the collection
Since the clone contains all the same media as the collection you cloned you may not need to add any. But you can add and remove media just like any other collection.
A user who clones a collection is automatically the new collection's manager and is the only member. As the manager, you have full rights and privileges for the collection, including full membership control of the collection, adding or removing media from the collection, and deleting the collection.
To clone a collection
- If necessary, click Collections from the Main Menu bar.
- Find and enter the collection you want to copy/clone. YOU MUST be a manager in the collection to make a clone, otherwise the Clone Collection command shown below is grayed out.
- Click the Actions button and select Clone Collection, as shown in the below figure.
- Click OK on the confirmation message that appears.
The collection is created and opens on the Edit Details page, with the new collection having the same name as the original except appended with "clone" as shown in the below figure. Also notice that you are the only member and are a collection Manager.
- Edit the Collection Title (up to 200 characters) and add a Description (up to 2500 characters) identifying the purpose or focus of the collection.
- Click Save at the top of the screen.
- If you ready to add members now, click Add Member, as shown below.
- Click the Share with drop-down and begin typing the name or email of the user you want to add, then select them from the list that appears.
- Select the Access Level you want to provide to the user, or select Custom and use the checkboxes to give the user customized media permissions.
Selecting each Access Level changes the area in the bottom of the modal to show what media permissions this user has. If you need further instructions, see Adding users to a Collection.
- When finished, click Share.
- Repeat the steps to add more users to this collection.
At this point you can add more media and/or remove some of the media already resident in the cloned collection. Remember that as a collection manager, you have all rights and permissions in the collection. If you need help using them, see Collections - Overview for more information and links to additional help articles.