The look and feel of the Player is changing! Upcoming changes are identified in this article by providing screenshots labeled "Old UI" and "New UI".
For Instructor/Student information see Sharing and Unsharing Media with other EchoVideo Users.
Sharing with an individual is the act of making media available to another EchoVideo user, by adding it to their Library. This allows them to view the video outside of a classroom, and depending on institution feature settings, may also allow them to make a copy, download the media, or other tasks.
If the user you are sharing the capture with needs to have full control or "ownership" of the item you may want to assign them as the owner instead of sharing it with them. If this is not appropriate, they can create their own copy of the media, or download and then re-upload the content to generate a copy of it, for which they will be the owner. See Changing Ownership for further details.
To share a capture with a user
- From the Completed captures list on the Captures page, find the capture you want.
- Click on the capture row to open the media details page
- Below the viewing panel in the Share Settings section of the page, scroll down to Individuals, shown in the below figure.
Any users to whom this item has already been shared are shown, along with a Share with drop-down list for sharing with other EchoVideo users.
- Click the drop-down list and begin typing the user's name or email address to whom you want to share this item.
- Select the user from the list of options when it appears. The item is immediately shared with them.
The user(s) to whom you shared the item should now see it in the Shared with me tab of their Content home page. From there they can view or copy or download the item, or remove it when no longer needed.
To UN-Share an item from a user, click the X next to their name as identified in the below figure. This immediately removes the share and the item no longer appears in the user's Content library.