This article is MOVING to: https://learn.echo360.com/hc/en-us/articles/4416819968525
We apologize if you landed here from an Echo360 article link; we are in the process of updating all of those occurrences. If you have bookmarked this page, please update your bookmark to use the above URL.
Creating collections consists of three basic steps:
- Create the new collection and give it a Title and a Description
- Add members to the collection
- Add media to the collection (or ask other members to)
A user who creates a collection is automatically a collection manager. As a manager, you can manage all aspects of the collection (hence the name). This includes adding and removing users, managing user permissions, adding or removing media from the collection, and deleting the collection if/when it is no longer needed.
To create a collection
- If necessary, click Collections from the Main Menu bar.
- Click Create a New Collection.
The collection is created immediately and provides a Title and Description field to complete as shown below.
This screen is actually an "edit" page for the newly created collection. If you exit this screen or click Cancel without entering any information, the collection is still created but with the title Unnamed Collection. Click Delete to cancel collection creation, or you can delete the unnamed collection later.
- Enter a Collection Title (up to 200 characters) and a Description (up to 2500 characters) identifying the purpose or focus of the collection.
- Click Save at the top of the screen.
Since this is a new collection, the media tab shows by default, but contains no media as the message on the tab indicates.
- If you are ready to add media, click Add Media from the top right of the page, then select media from the list that appears. See Adding Media to a Collection for detailed instructions if necessary.
- If you want to add members to this collection, click the Membership tab, then click Add Member as shown in the below figure. See Adding Users to a Collection for detailed instructions if necessary.
The figure below shows the buttons you now have at the TOP of the page, including an Actions button, that contains all the collection capabilities available to you as a Manager, and an Add Media button for adding media to the collection.
You will also see a Back button, allowing you to return to the main Collections page. You can also click Collections from the main menu to return to the main Collections page.
Since you are this collection's manager, you can come back any time to manage the membership and/or media in the collection.