When creating rooms, you must select a campus and a building for the room. You can create the campus and building while adding the room, but it's probably easier to create these separately.
See Bulk Import Rooms for instructions on using a CSV file to import multiple rooms (and campuses and buildings, if appropriate).
To add rooms using the interface
- From the top menu, select Rooms.
- At the upper right of the Rooms page, click ADD ROOM.
- From the list, select the Campus where the room is located.
- From the list, select the Building where the room is located.
- In the Room box, enter a name, number, or another clear identifier for the room.
- Click SAVE.
The new room appears on the Rooms page with a big button that says ADD DEVICE TO ROOM. The room cannot be used for capturing a class until it contains a device.