Making configuration changes for specific managed capture devices is done from the ROOMS page. This is because:
- Rooms and devices are linked in a one-to-one relationship; for EchoVideo, a room and a device are effectively the same.
- Device configuration changes are most often needed because of equipment or environmental changes specific to the room.
NOTE: Changing the device configuration in EchoVideo changes the
device.xml file loaded on the device. If you ever re-upload a different device configuration, these changes will be lost.
To change device configuration for a single device
- From the main menu, select ROOMS.
- Find the room with the device you need to change. Use the filtering lists at the top of the screen to narrow which rooms are shown.
- Click the chevron (small arrow) located in the upper-right of the Room tile. You may need to hover your mouse over the tile to see the arrow.
- Select Configure.
- Edit the device settings and click SAVE.
Your input and configuration choices depend on the type of capture appliance assigned to that room. See EchoVideo Pro Capture and Device Settings, EchoVIdeo Pod Device and Capture Settings, Universal Capture: Classroom Settings, or legacy SCHD Input and Device Settings as appropriate.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to only enable the sliders for inputs that actually have recording devices connected to the appliance. For example, if the HDMI input is being used but DVI is not, be sure to disable the DVI slider for that channel. The enabled input sliders determine what "Capture input" selections are available when creating a capture, either scheduled or ad hoc. If only active input selections are enabled for each channel, users cannot inadvertently make invalid capture input selections.
Configuring Device Network Settings: The Network Settings for capture appliances MUST be set on an individual basis and not via the default device settings page. All devices default to using DHCP but can be configured to use a Static IP address instead. See Using a Static IP Address for Appliance Network Configuration for instructions.
ALTERNATELY, for both the Pro and the Pod, IP Mode can be changed using the Menu options, accessed through the front panel of the appliance.
The device configuration from the ROOMS page also allows you to download these changes to a
device.xml file that can then be applied to other devices. See Configuring Managed Capture Devices for information on uploading a configuration file to a capture appliance.