VERY IMPORTANT!! The Device Monitor can be used in one of two modes. Either using the standard, EchoVideo Device Monitor software or using the service-level EchoVideo Device Service.
If using the standard, EchoVideo Device Monitor the PC must be on and a user must be logged in for the software to work.
Select EchoVideo Configuration from the device monitor system tray menu. Device configuration means identifying, via IP address, the capture appliance (an SCHD, an EchoVideo PRO, or Classroom Capture installation) you want to communicate with through the light, as well as entering the username and password needed to authorize an ad hoc capture.
Each user can enter their instructor login, or a generic instructor login can be used. These settings are retained on a per-user basis.
Alternately the Admin may choose to use an Admin Override to configure the same login information for all users.
Best Practice - Have Instructors Configure Their Own Defaults Let each instructor log into the PC and then configure the Device Configuration defaults using their EchoVideo logins. This information will be used each time that user logs into the PC and initiates an ad hoc capture using the Device Monitor light.
To set Device Configuration defaults:
- Open the System Tray menu by clicking the Echo icon in the Windows system tray, and select EchoVideo Configuration. The Device Configuration dialog box appears, as shown below.
- Device Url: Enter the fully qualified URL for the capture device you want to control with the light. This is typically the IP address for the device, such as https://10.3.10.245:8443.
To find the IP address, navigate to the ROOMS page, and flip the tile over. The IP address is shown with the MAC address of the device.
- Credentials: Enter the username and password that will be used to log into the device and initiate or control a capture.
Note the following:
- If an instructor login is used, the instructor will be able to select a section for any initiated ad hoc capture.
- If a generic login is used, any ad hoc captures will need to be manually published to a section.