End of Support for SafeCapture HD April 1st, 2020: End of Software Support. Echo360 will no longer provide software updates for the SCHD appliance. This policy applies to enhancements, bug fixes, and security patches. Echo360 will continue to test SCHD appliances with improving versions of the Echo360 cloud platform until the End of Life date. In addition, the Echo360 Support Team will continue to assist customers with configuring and managing SCHD appliances until the End of Life date.
December 30th, 2020: End of Life. Echo360 will no longer ensure the functionality of the SCHD appliance in any way. Echo360 will no longer test the SCHD on new cloud service releases and the Echo360 Support Team will no longer continue to diagnose or solve issues impacting SCHD units still in the field at that time.
Every capture appliance has a default configuration applied to it, which can be edited for each individual device as necessary.
To configure the legacy SCHD device defaults
- Log into EchoVideo as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper right corner of the page (it looks like a gear).
- Select Configurations from the settings menu.
- From the left side of the Configurations page, click Device default configurations.
- From the options across the top, select SCHD.
- In the Audio section of the page use the input drop-down list to identify the type of device input being used to capture audio. Your choices include RCA and Balanced.
- Use the audio level drop-down list to select the input level to use for audio capture. You can select any number between -12db and 60db.
- The Primary Display/Secondary Video and Secondary Display/Primary Video sections of the configuration page are identical, and allow you to select which device to use for display and video inputs based on connection type. Each channel supports up to two connected devices, one of each of the following types:
- Use the Primary Display/Secondary Video input sliders to identify the connected device types that will be capturing the feed to this channel. This is the visual input that will appear on the LEFT side, if there are multiple graphical inputs selected.
- Where DVI-I is enabled, select the DVI type and Aspect Ratio for the feed, as well as whether this input device is capturing Video or Display.
- Where Composite is enabled, select the Video Standard for the input device: PAL or NTSC.
- Repeat these steps for the connected devices capturing the Secondary Display/Primary Video.
- When finished, click Save, then click the Common Settings tab at the top of the page, to complete device configuration for download to a USB drive.