Administrators can enable or disable instructors' ability to generate access links to their sections. As with Public/Embeddable Links to content, when the section access links toggle is disabled, any existing links to sections will also not work; the association between the link and the section is disabled.
To enable or disable Access links to sections
- Log into Echo360 as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
General settings appears and Basic Info is selected by default.
- Click Organizations and Departments.
- Navigate to the organization or department you want to set the default for, or remain on the Institution in the left panel.
- On the right side of the Institution Settings page, click Section Features.
- In the Instructor and Teaching Assistant Permissions section, toggle the Access links switch on or off.
If enabled, all section instructors can generate and post access links to their sections.
If disabled, the Access links tab for sections is not available to instructors, and any existing section links will no longer work.
- Check or uncheck the Allow override checkbox to determine whether this toggle setting can be changed at any of the lower levels.
- Click Confirm on the confirmation message that appears.
The availability of the Access links tab in the Section Settings page for instructors will appear or not appear based on this toggle setting.