Our Echo.ai assist feature is currently in beta release so you may encounter unexpected errors or inconsistencies while using it as we work to continuously improve the functionality. We welcome your feedback and suggestions at https://echo360.canny.io/echopoll?selectedCategory=echoai
Let Echo360's powerful Echo.ai Assist help you create your Poll Decks. Upload a PowerPoint presentation to create your content slides, then generate questions based on your content anywhere in your Poll Deck. Choose from four question types (Multiple Choice, Multiple Select, Short Answer, and True / False) to automatically generate question slides.
Create a Poll Deck With Echo.ai Assist
You can create Poll Decks with content slides and interactive question slides.
- Log into EchoPoll.
- Click the Create button at the top right of your Library, and select Poll Deck.
- Optionally, you can click Create Poll Deck from My Dashboard.
- From the Create a Poll Deck window, click Use Echo.ai Assist.
- Drag and drop or browse and use the file navigator to select a PowerPoint file and click Next.
- Update the name of your Poll Deck if desired.
Your Poll Deck will have the same name as the PowerPoint file by default.
Click Next to import the PowerPoint and create your Poll Deck.
Echo.ai Assist scans your presentation content to create polling options for each of your slides. Echo.ai Assist only uses content from your PowerPoint, never external content from online sources.
- EchoPoll converts your PowerPoint slides to editable Poll Deck slides.
- Click Add Echo.ai Slide on any Presentation slide to generate a question.
The Generate a Question window opens opens with 4 question choices. Echo.ai Assist uses your content - never additional online content - to automatically generate a question based on the slide. Your content is never exposed to others.
- Choose from Multiple Choice, Multiple Select, Short Answer, or True / False.
The generated question slide will automatically be added as the next slide in the presentation. You can choose to move, edit, or delete the generated slide as desired.
- Repeat steps 9-10 to add additional Echo.ai slides.
Edit a Poll Deck
Once created, you can edit the question and answer choices, add resources, and change question options.
- Log into EchoPoll.
- From your Dashboard, click View All Poll Decks.
- Optionally, click My Library.
Find the Poll Deck to edit, click the vertical dots to expand the Action Menu and select Edit.
The Poll Deck editor opens.
- Click in the pink box on any slide to add an Asset such as a single audio, image, video, equation, or PowerPoint file (each slide in the PPT is converted to a content slide with an image).
Optionally, you can drag and drop an Asset straight into the pink box such as a single audio, image, video, equation, or PowerPoint file (each slide in the PPT is converted to a content slide with an image).
Your computer's file explorer opens.
- Drag and drop or click to choose from your computer, resource library, stock images, or to insert an equation.
- Click Add.
- Once an Asset is added, click the vertical dots to expand the Action Menu.
- Replace - Replaces the asset.
- Accessibility - Opens an Accessibility window to add alternate text (up to 125 characters) to your asset.
- Preview - Opens a window to preview the asset.
- Remove - Delete the asset.
- Click to add slide content in the Text field.
This text will show above the asset on the presentation slide.
Optionally, adjust the layout using the Single Column dropdown.
By default, the display is Single Column, text over asset.
- Two Columns Text / Asset - The text is on the left side of the slide and the asset on the right.
- Two Columns Asset / Text - The asset is on the left side of the slide and the text on the right.
- Click Preview on any slide at any time to preview the slide.
- Click Copy to make a copy of the slide directly under the original slide.
- Click Delete to remove the slide from your Poll Deck.
- Optionally, click Add Slide to choose from one of the available slide types.
- Presentation: A static slide composed of text and Resources.
- Hotspot: Learners must mark a specific area of an image to answer the question.
- Multiple Choice: Learners choose a single answer from several possible answer choices.
- Multiple Select: Learners select multiple correct answers from several possible answer choices.
- Numeric: Learners enter a number to answer the question.
- Short Answer: Learners respond to an open ended question with a word, words, or short phrase.
- True / False: Learners identify whether a question is true or false.
- Word Cloud: Learners respond to an open ended question with a word, words, or short phrase and the results are displayed as they are submitted, showing up larger as duplicate answers are submitted by learners.
- Click the Answer Input dropdown on any slide to change how answer options are displayed.
The available options that display depend on the question type selected.
- Bar - The answers options are displayed across a bar graph and the correct answer is identified.
- Pie - The answers options are displayed in a pie graph and the correct answer is identified.
- Word Cloud -The answers options are displayed across a bar graph and the correct answer is identified.
- Click Preview from the top right of the header to preview the Poll Deck as an assignment.
- Optionally, you can click the Desktop, Tablet Portrait, Tablet Landscape, Mobile Portrait, and Mobile Landscape icons to preview how the question is displayed on different devices.
- You can also preview the Assignment settings from the left panel.
Collapse / Expand slides within the Poll Deck using the icon in the upper left of any slide.
Re-order slides within the poll deck using the up / down arrows to the right of the slide.
Select multiple slides using the checkboxes to the left to open the Bulk Action menu to Copy / Delete multiple slides at once.
You can also Select All and Deselect All slides from the Bulk Action menu.
Changes are saved in real time as you make updates.
- Additionally, you can populate the fields in Summary Slide is for Assignments Only.
If no messages are input, the defaults will be shown to learners during an Assignment.
How to Use a Poll Deck
Sessions and Assignments are the way your learners interact with the Poll Decks in your Library.
Sessions are live learning activities where you guide learners through a Poll Deck. You can launch a new session from your Library any time you want.
Assignments are asynchronous activities your learners can complete at their own pace with optional due dates that you can set from within your Library.