ExamView is a desktop application and must be installed on a PC or supported Mac. ExamView cannot be installed on a thin client. However, you can set up ExamView v11 to run on a server (that is, work via a remote desktop service for your thin client).
- Set up remote desktop services (RDS) for the thin client.
This service is not provided by Echo360.
- Purchase an individual ExamView v11 license for each teacher who will access ExamView remotely via a thin client.
- Install ExamView v11 and ExamView content in a unique workspace (or location) for each teacher.
Only the licensed teacher should have access to ExamView and their content.
- Set the ExamView preferences for the path to all files that a teacher will create and access.
The instructor can now use ExamView on their thin client.
- ExamView v11 will be running on the server.
- Each teacher can use ExamView/content on the server via the thin client.
- No polling with clickers.
Here is a visual display of this approach: