In the ExamView Question Bank Editor, you can quickly change the font and font size of your entire question bank. Using the steps below, all questions in your question bank will instantly update with the newly selected font choices.
To replace a font in a question bank
- Open ExamView Test Generator.
- Open an existing question bank or create a new question bank.
- Choose Replace Font from the Edit menu.
The Replace Font command is a very powerful feature. You can quickly change the font for all elements in a document. For example, you could replace all fonts in a question bank with a larger font. Or, you could use a font such as Tahoma instead of the default Times New Roman font.
- Select the font you want to replace.
If you want to replace all fonts with a new font, choose All Fonts.
If you use the Replace Font option to replace a font, it is best to replace one font (e.g., Times New Roman) with another (e.g., Arial). Do not choose to replace all fonts with another font. This could cause unintended results such as replacing symbols or other special characters (e.g., Symbol).
- Select the size of the font you want to replace.
To replace all fonts regardless of their size, leave the Size box empty.
- Set the replacement font and size.
- Click Replace All.
The Undo command is not available after you make changes using the Replace Font command. You can use the command again to replace the new font with the original font.
Tips for Using Replace Font
- To leave the size of a font unchanged, do not enter a replacement size value.
- To keep the same font and change only its size, leave the Replace with box set to Same Font. Set the font size to be replaced and select the replacement font size. The default font for questions is typically Times New Roman, 11 point.
- The Replace Font command will resize certain question bank elements only within set limits. The question bank title will remain between 8 and 24 point. Question numbers and answer choices will remain between 8 and 16 point.