If you installed the software, you should have an icon for ExamView Test Generator on your desktop. Double-click that to get started. If this is your first time using ExamView, you will enter some general information and click OK. A “What do you want to do?” box appears. Quickly build a test using the steps below.
Create a Test
- Click Create a test using a wizard, as shown in the figure below.
- Enter a Test title and click Next.
- Select a folder and click Open, as shown in the figure below. Optionally, you may double-click a folder to display a list of question banks.
- Select a question bank and click Select, as shown in the figure below. Optionally, you may double-click a question bank to select it.
- Click Next, as shown in the figure above.
- Identify how many questions of each type you want on the test and click Next, as shown in the figure below.
- Review the test summary and click Finish, as shown in the figure below.
When you click Finish, ExamView builds your test based on your choices and displays them in the test document window.
- From the toolbar click File > Save, as shown in the figure below.
- Enter a name for the test, as shown in the figure below.
- Optionally, identify the location where you want to save the test. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\eInstruction\ExamView\Tests.
- Click Save, as shown in the figure above.
Print a Test
- From the toolbar click File > Print Test.
- Specify the number of test versions to print (1-26).
Scramble options appear when you choose more than one version is Select one or more of the scramble options: sections, questions, multiple choice / multiple response answer choices or calculate new algorithm values. If you opt to scramble sections or questions, you can also choose to print a version map—a correlation chart to show you how the test was scrambled. The calculate new algorithm values is only available for tests that contain dynamic questions.
- Optionally, print an answer strip and / or a version map.
The version map option is available only if you choose to scramble questions or sections.
- Click OK to confirm your responses.
- In the Print Test window, select entire test or selected pages and then click OK to print the test, as shown in the figure below.
You cannot print selected pages if you chose to print an answer strip or multiple versions of a test.
- Your test prints and you can distribute it to your students.