ExamView content is compatible with newer Mac operating systems when used with PointSolutions Desktop. When instructors get a new textbook, they must first install the ExamView content.
Installing ExamView Content
- Log into your publisher's website.
- Navigate to and click on the textbook you want to download content for.
- Click Instructor Resources (or something similar).
- Click Download by Resource Type (or something similar).
- Download the Test Banks – ExamView for Mac.
Some publishers will provide a USB or CD/DVD instead. If this is the case, please insert the USB or CD/DVD and skip to Install ExamView.
- Open your Downloads folder.
- Double-click the .zip file you downloaded from the publisher website.
- From the main, unzipped folder, or from the USB or CD/DVD, double-click the ExamView Installer.pkg.
You may need an Admin/IT password to continue.
Do not double-click the ExamView Player Installer.pkg from inside the EVPlayer folder. This installer does not contain the questions banks for your textbook.
- Click OK to close the message box that appears, as shown in the figure below.
- Open System Preferences.
- Go to Security & Privacy and select the General tab, as shown in the figure below. .
- If you have been blocked from opening an app within the past hour, you can override this by clicking the temporary Open Anyway button, as shown in the figure above.
- Click Open to run the installer in the message box that appears, as shown in the figure below.
The content for your textbook installs.