A demographic assignment question may have up to 10 answer choices. A demographic assignment question can also be used to assign participants to teams for competitions.
A new question list must be created or opened for editing before you can create a demographic assignment question. To open a question list for editing, select the Content tab, select a question list and click Edit Question List on the Question List Overview screen.
- Select a question from the questions list.
- Select Demographic Assignment from the Question Type dropdown menu.
- Select the number of possible answer choices from the Choices dropdown menu.
- Adjust the Demographic, Question, and Polling options as needed.
- Save and Close.
- Demographic Grouping: Categorize the demographic options for easier reporting.
- Use in Competition: The answer options become teams and can be used in team competitions. When unchecked, the slide is no longer considered a Team Assignment slide.
- Save to Participant List: The competition information is saved to the current participant list.
- Bullet Format: The bullet format for the answer choices can be changed from the drop-down menu.
- Show Results: When checked, the chart is displayed after polling is closed.
- First Response Only: When checked, PointSolutions only accepts the first response sent by each participant.
- Countdown Timer: A countdown timer provides participants with a visual cue that polling is about to close as it counts down to zero. When the countdown expires, the countdown timer disappears and polling is automatically closed.
- Response Grid: The response grid displays the participant name by default. As the participants respond, the corresponding box will change color. If polling with an auto list, it is recommended to change the response grid text to Device ID Only in the preferences. As the participants respond a Device ID will appear in the box.