Quickly and easily create slides that support decision-making, prioritization or other kinds of ranking with the Ranking Wizard. The Ranking Wizard automatically creates slides to compare items on up to three criteria, then summarizes the results in a chart.
Creating Polling Slides with the Ranking Wizard
The Ranking Wizard guides you through the creation of a set of ranking slides.
- Select an insertion point in the PowerPoint presentation for the ranking slides.
The ranking slides will be added to the presentation after the insertion point.
- Click Tools on the ribbon and select Ranking Wizard.
The Ranking Wizard opens.
- Enter a name for an item to be ranked in the box provided and click Add or press Enter on the keyboard.
The item is added to the list. At least two items are needed for ranking.
Repeat this step until all of the ranking items have been added to the list.
The list of ranking items can be saved and used again at a later time.
Click to save a text file with the list of items. To open the list click to open a saved ranking list.
- Enter a name for the First Criterion and, optionally, for the Second and Third Criterion in the boxes provided.
At least one criterion must be entered for the ranking.NOTE
The first and second criterion appear on the horizontal and vertical axes of the chart, respectively. The third criterion is represented in the chart by the size of the bubble for each item.
- Uncheck the boxes next to the number to limit the scale to less than 1 - 10.
The ranking scale can be saved and used again at a later time.
Click to save the ranking scale. To open the ranking scale click to open a saved ranking scale.
- Click Next.
The Ranking Wizard advances and the display options can be specified. An example of how the slides will appear based on the selected display options is shown in the bottom of the window.
- Select an option for Present Items. Only one item may be selected.
- Select Standard X/XY/XYZ to rank the items on a numerical scale for the criteria
- Select Paired Comparison to compare the items by pairs on the criteria. If paired comparison is selected, the box for a response of “No Preference” may be checked.
- Select an option for Slide Order. Only one item may be selected.
- Select Grouped by Criteria to group the slides for each item for the first criterion, then slides for each item for the second criterion and so on.
- Select Grouped by List Item to group the slides for each criterion about the first item in the list, then the slides for each criterion about the second item in the list and so on.
- Select the Polling Options. Multiple items may be selected.
- Automatic open polling will open polling when each slide is displayed.
- Auto-advance automatically advances the slide after all participants have responded to a question if no chart is shown.
- Show Results will display a chart on each polling slide created by the Ranking Wizard.
- First Response Only - When checked, TurningPoint only accepts the first response sent by each participant.
- Click Create to create the ranking slides.
The ranking slides and ranking chart are inserted into the presentation. (This may take a few moments if there are a large number of items.)WARNING
The slides created by the Ranking Wizard should not be altered because the Ranking Wizard uses the results from the created slides to construct the final chart.