PowerPoint preferences only apply to the PowerPoint polling environment and are grouped into four sections.
The Apply All button applies the setting to question slides in the current presentation and all future slides.
This section enables the user to view and change the chart preferences.
- Automatically Format Charts - If checked, the charts will retain their default properties. If unchecked, the user has the option to edit the chart properties by double-clicking on the chart and editing as necessary. Each chart must be edited separately, however the general setting may be applied via Preferences.
- Chart Labels - Determines if answer text or bullets will be displayed in the chart labels and legends.
- Chart Values - Determines whether a response count (number of participants) or a percentage is displayed. There are three formats for displaying the percentage: 0%, 0.0% and 0.00%.
- Default Chart Type - Determines the default chart that is used when a slide is inserted into a presentation. To change the chart type, simply select another option from the drop-down menu.
- Response Divisor - Determines whether the divisor used to calculate the percentages on a multiple response question will be:
- the total number of responses received (responses)
- the total number of participants in the session’s participant list
- the total number of devices that responded
- Show Results - When checked, a chart is displayed when polling is closed.
- Results Display - Determines whether the results are displayed during polling or after polling. The during polling option is not available for Office 2007 users.
This section enables the user to view and change question preferences.
- Accept First Response Only - When checked, PointSolutions only accepts the first response sent by each participant.
- Bullet Format - Determines the type of answer notation for polling slides. The available options include: alphabetic uppercase [A, B, C, D], alphabetic lowercase [a, b, c, d], numeric starting at 1 [1, 2, 3, 4] or numeric starting at 0 [0, 1, 2, 3].
- Automatically Advance After Objects - When checked, chart results will automatically display upon the completion of a countdown timer or response counter.
- Automatically Open Polling - When checked, polling automatically opens when the slide is shown. When unchecked, the slide needs to be advanced to open polling.
- Countdown Timer - Determines if a countdown object will be automatically inserted on new slides.
- Countdown Seconds - Set the number of seconds a countdown object will display. The acceptable range is 1 - 999. The default is set at 30 seconds.
- Countdown Sound - A sound file can be added to a countdown timer. To add a countdown sound click , browse to the location of the sound file and click Open.
- Response Grid - When checked, a response grid is automatically inserted onto each new polling slide. The following settings are available for response grids:
- Response Grid Type - Determines the default response grid type.
- The table grid displays numbered boxes that represent each participant in the participant list. If polling with an auto list, the number of boxes displayed is determined by the number of participants responding.
- Response Grid - The response grid displays the participant name by default. As the participants respond, the corresponding box will change color. If polling with an auto list, it is recommended to change the response grid text to Device ID Only in the preferences. As the participants respond a Device ID will appear in the box.
- The non-response grid displays the participant name by default. As the participants respond, the corresponding box will be removed. If polling with an auto list, it is recommended to change the response grid text to Device ID Only in the preferences.
- Response Grid Text - Determines what participant information is displayed.
- Rotation Interval - Determines the number of seconds a Response/Non-Response Grid will pause between intervals. The acceptable range is two to ten seconds. The default is set at four.
- Font Size - Determines the font size for the text displayed on the response grids.
- Starting Cell Color - Determines the response/non-response grid starting color.
- First Response Color - Determines the color of the cell when a participant submits a response.
- Second Response Color - Determines the color of the cell when a participant submits a second response.
- Third Response Color - Determines the color of the cell when a participant submits a third response.
- Response Grid Type - Determines the default response grid type.
- Multiple Responses - Multiple responses allow participants to send more than one response to a question. When this box is checked the following options may be set:
- Number of Responses - Select the number of responses allowed for each participant from the drop-down menu.
- Allow Duplicates - When checked, participants are allowed to select the same answer choice more than once.
- All or Nothing Scoring - When checked, the participant must choose each correct answer to receive points.
- Point Values - Determines the correct and incorrect point values. Click Apply All to change all correct or incorrect point values.
- Correct- The point value of the correct answer can be set by entering a value in the box provided.
- Incorrect- The point value of the incorrect answer can be set by entering a value in the box provided.
- Prompt - Selecting a prompt type from the drop-down menu will automatically insert the prompt object on the polling slide during slide creation.
- Prompt Text- The phrase that will display in the prompt object.
This section enables the user to view and change the preferences for competition.
- Fastest Responders - The Fastest Responders preferences determine what type of information and how many participants are displayed.
- Display Correct Responders Only - Only participants who responded correctly to the previous question slide will be displayed.
- Participant Information - Select the type of participant information to be displayed from the drop-down menu.
- Participant Count - Select the number of participants to be displayed from the drop-down menu.
- Participant Scores - The Participant Scores preferences determine what type of information is displayed, how many participants are displayed and how the scores are calculated.
- Participant Information- Select the type of participant information to be displayed from the drop-down menu.
- Participant Count- Select the number of participants to be displayed from the drop-down menu.
- Score Calculation- Select whether the points displayed are cumulative or single from the drop-down menu. Cumulative points are the total points earned up to that point in the presentation. Single points are only the points earned on the previous question slide.
- Team Scores - The Team Scores preferences determine how many teams are displayed and how the scores are calculated.
- Include Teams with Less Than 1 Point - When checked, teams that have zero or negative points will be displayed on the slide.
- Team Display Count - Select the number of teams to be displayed from the drop-down menu.
- Score Calculation - Select whether the points displayed are cumulative or single from the drop-down menu. Cumulative points are the total points earned up to that point in the presentation. Single points are only the points earned on the previous question slide.
- Include Non-Responders - When checked, participants who have been active in the session but did not respond to a particular question or questions will be counted as a response for their team and scored as a ‘zero.’
- Overall Racing Settings - The Overall Racing preferences determine what image is used to represent the teams, whether or not the winner board is displayed and what the point threshold is to win the race.
- Animated Image- Select an image to represent the teams. One image is used for all teams.
- Display Winner Board- When checked, a slide displaying the winning team will appear when the point threshold is met.
- Point Threshold to Win- When the point level has been reached the winner board will display.
This section enables the user to view and change various presentation preferences.
- Automatically Display Connection Information - When checked, the receiver channel number and/or PointSolutions app Session ID will automatically be displayed throughout the presentation.
- Collapse Showbar - When checked, the showbar is displayed in a shortened form.
- Display Showbar - When checked, the showbar is visible when a polling slide is displayed.
- Include PowerPoint Presentation - When checked, a copy of the PowerPoint presentation is automatically saved inside each session.
- Use Secondary Monitor - When checked, the showbar is displayed on a secondary monitor, if available.
- Slide rendering for mobile responses - Allows you to select how participants using the app see content.
- Send slides to participants - Allows you to select if all slides or just question slides are sent to participant.