How to Publish a Widget
So now you are done building your widget and you are ready to share it. Congrats on your widget building success!
Okay, we have two main options here:
- Download the widget as a package of files to use as you wish (web standard or SCORM).
- Copy the web link to the widget and embed it on your site.
Do you need help making a decision? Here are some things to consider:
Option 1: If you choose download the widget, you will get a .zip archive which you can extract as a folder of files on your desktop. You can then upload these files to your location of choice, such as a web server. You can also download a SCORM version if you want to add your widget to another course or LMS.
Option 2: If you don't need the physical files, but just want to include the widget you created on a website or other location, you can copy the embed link and paste it where you want it. No files to deal with in this case, the widget is hosted by knowbly. One nice thing about this option is that it is easy to deploy changes. Reedit your widget, just hit the publish and embed tab again, and your changes will automatically deploy to wherever you have embedded your widget (since the change is made in our server). Make a change, and everyone can see your change immediately!
Select a widget from the Content Manager and click the Download/Publish icon.
1. To download the widget click the Download tab if it is not already displayed.
2. Select the type of format you wish to download the widget in.
3. Click the Download button. The widget is downloaded to your device in a package zip file format.
1. To embed a widget, click the Embed tab.
2. Currently you can use an iframe to embed your widget (web component coming soon). Note you can also just use the src URL if your own option is to add a link instead of an iframe.
3. Click the Copy button. The HTML text is copied to your Clipboard.
You can now embed the link on your website.