Using Undo, Cut, Copy and Paste
How to undo typing or the most recent command
- Click the Undo button from the picture toolbar or press Ctrl+Z (PC) or Cmd+Z (Mac)
If the last command cannot be undone, the button will be disabled and the Edit menu will show Can't Undo.
- Click the Undo button again to revert back to the original if you accidentally selected the Undo command.
How to cut (remove) text or pictures
- Select the text or picture or the row or column you want to remove.
- Click the Cut button from the picture toolbar or press Ctrl+X (PC) or Cmd+X (Mac) to remove the text or picture.
ExamView Test Generator cuts the text or picture and places it on the Clipboard.
- To remove text or a picture from a question without placing it on the Clipboard, click Edit and select Clear.
How to copy text or pictures
- Select the text or picture or the row or column you want to copy.
- Click the Copy button from the picture toolbar or press Ctrl+C (PC) or Cmd+C (Mac) to place a copy of the text or picture on the Clipboard.
Once you copy text or a picture, you can paste it into the same question, another question, or a different application. For example, you can use a paint program to create an image, copy it, and then paste it into a question.
If you want to duplicate an entire question (except for matching groups) within the same test or bank, use the Duplicate command in the Question menu. If you want to copy an entire question to a different test, bank, or to a word processor, use the Copy command in the Question menu.
How to paste text or pictures
- Position the cursor where you want to insert the text, picture, column, or row.
- Click the Paste button from the picture toolbar or press Ctrl+V (PC) or Cmd+V (Mac) to paste the contents of the Clipboard into the current question.
If you copied a multiple choice question, a set of matching choices, or a group of matching questions, you can press F7 (PC) or Cmd+P (Mac) to use the Smart Paste feature rather than the normal Paste feature, Ctrl+V (PC) or Cmd+V (Mac). ExamView Test Generator automatically formats the text when it pastes the text into a new question.