- Position the cursor in the paragraph to format. If you want to apply a formatting change to more than one paragraph, select the paragraphs or the rows/columns/cells in a table that you want to change.
- Click Format from the menu bar and select Paragraph.
For some of the paragraph settings, you can use the ruler and toolbar to make a change. For example, click an Alignment button to change from left justification to center justification. Or, drag the indent controls to set a hanging indent.
- Set the paragraph format.
- Indentation - The indentation settings let you adjust the indent (in inches) from the left and right margins. To set a hanging indent, click the Special box and choose Hanging. Then, set the size of the indent. You can also use this feature to create a first line indent.
- Spacing - Use the spacing options to control the spacing before and after a paragraph. Set the spacing in points (72 points equal 1 inch). You can also set the line spacing within a paragraph—single, 1.5, double, and 2.5.
- Alignment - You can select any of the following alignment options—left, center, right, full.
- Click OK to apply the formatting changes.