Inserting a Table
- Position the cursor where you want to insert the new table.
You cannot insert a table within an existing table or in Multiple Choice and Multiple Response answer choice options.
- Click Table from the menu bar and select Insert Table.
- Enter the number of columns and rows.
- Set the cell width. Select Automatic if you want the program to automatically assign the cell widths, or Manual and enter the cell width in inches.
- Click Format to select a predefined table layout.
- Select one of the predefined table layouts from the Formats list.
- Optionally, set the Formats to Apply options.
These options let you customize the predefined format. For example, you can turn off the borders or shading leaving all of the other formats as is.
- Optionally, set the Apply Special Formats To options.
You can selectively apply the format settings to the first row, first column, last row, and last column.
- Click OK to close the Table Format window.
- Click OK to insert the new table.
- To delete a table, click in it. Click Table from the menu bar and select Select Table and press DELETE.
If you created a table on the first line of a question, you can insert a blank line before the table. Click in the first row, click Table from the menu bar and select Split Table.
If you have a table on the first line of a question, move the insertion point with the arrow keys to the beginning of the first cell in the table. Then, press Enter (PC) or Return (Mac) to insert a blank line before the table.