Selecting Questions by Criteria
When you want to choose questions based on certain criteria, use the Select Questions by Criteria command. You could, for example, select all multiple choice questions that have “average” as the difficulty code. Just enter the search criteria and ExamView Test Generator tells you how many questions match that request. Then select the number of questions you want to include on the test.
- Click or click Select from the menu bar and select By Criteria.
- Select the question bank or banks you want to use and click Select. You may also click Select All to use all question banks within the selected folder. If necessary, click the folder button to navigate to the folder containing your question banks.
- Click Next.
- Select a search option. You may choose to have your criteria match exactly or to search using wild cards.
- Set the Question type to filter the search or leave it set to Any.
- Click the List buttons to select from a list; or key the Difficulty, Reference, Objective/Standard, Topic, Keywords, and/or Miscellaneous search criteria. If you select from a list, the Search options drop-down menu will automatically be set to Match criteria exactly.
After you enter the search criteria, the program shows you how many questions match the criteria from those available (not already selected) in the current bank.
- From the pool of questions matching the criteria, you can now select questions individually from a preview window (Select While Viewing) or specify the number of questions and have the program randomly choose the questions (Select Randomly). Click the button with the desired selection mode.
- From the next dialog, select individual questions (Select While Viewing) or specify the number of questions (Select Randomly) to add to the test and click Finish or OK.
The program rebuilds the test in the background to include the selected questions.
- Repeat Steps 7-8 to select additional questions.
- Click Close when you finish selecting questions by criteria.