Exporting a Test
Tests may be exported as a Rich Text Format (RTF), HTML, ExamView Question Bank (BNK), ANGEL (ZIP), Blackboard 6.0-7.0 (ZIP), Blackboard 7.1-9.0 (ZIP), Blackboard Learn 9.1 (ZIP), Brightspace by D2L (ZIP), Canvas (ZIP), Moodle 3.1.2 (ZIP), Sakai (ZIP), Schoology (ZIP), or WebCT CE 6 / Vista 4 (ZIP) file.
- Click File from the menu bar, mouse over Export and select the appropriate export type.
- Enter a new file name.
- Optionally, select a folder to identify the location where you want to save the file. If you want to save the file on a different drive or on a network, choose that location.
- Click Save to export the test.
Some export formats require additional settings to be specified and an options dialog will appear. Complete the required fields to continue the export process.
- The Rich Text Format (RTF) provides an easy way to export to a program such as a word processor. Depending on the application you use to import an RTF file, some of the formatting options may not be supported. For example, WordPad does not accommodate tables, borders, shading, etc.
- You can export a test to a question bank format. By exporting a test to a question bank format, you can then include those questions on another test.
- To merge several question banks into one question bank, create a test using all of the questions from the desired banks. Then, export the test as a question bank.
- The export option supports ANGEL; Blackboard 6.0-7.0, 7.1-9.0, Learn 9.1; Brightspace by D2L, Canvas, Moodle 3.1.2, Sakai, Schoology, and Web CT formats. When you export a test using any of these choices, the program formats the questions and images and then compresses them into one ZIP file that you can import into your course management system. For direct publishing of the test to the LMS, use the Publish To menu option (not available for all learning platforms) rather than Export.