Customizing the Layout and Style of a Question Bank
- Click Edit from the menu bar and select Preferences.
- Click the Layout icon to view the current settings and select from the following tabs:
- Answer Choices - Indicate whether you want to format multiple choice, multiple response, true/false, and yes/no questions using the predefined column layout or without columns to conserve paper.
- Bimodal Questions - Select whether you want bimodal questions to Display as multiple choice or Display as short answer questions. You can override this preference for individual questions using the Toggle Bimodal command.
- Points - Use this setting to set how you want point values to display on a test/question bank. You can choose to Display points inline with question, Display points on a line before the question or Do not display points.
- Question Grouping - Select if questions should be grouped by question type (e.g., multiple choice questions grouped together, true/false questions grouped together) or if the question types should be mixed.
The question type instructions are not shown when Allow question types to be mixed is selected.
When Group questions by question type is selected, you can choose to Begin each question type on a new page. When this option is selected the test is formatted so that a section (question type) will start on a new page if the entire section does not fit on the current page. You can also choose to Restart numbering with each question type.
- Question Numbering - You may also choose to change the question number of the first question.
Select which items (answer, difficulty code, etc.) you want to appear with each question.
- Click the Style icon and select from the available tabs.
- Number and Answer Styles - Select the desired question number style. Choose the style for multiple choice, multiple response, and matching answer options.
- Answer Choices - Check this box if you want True/False and Yes/No questions to appear with multiple choice answer choices.
- Choice Sequence - You may also select a choice sequence for multiple choice and multiple response answer choices. This option helps prevent students from accidentally skipping a multiple choice question and then marking all of their answers with the wrong question number on the answer sheet.
If any of your multiple choice or multiple response questions contain more than 5 answer choices, the choice sequence setting will be disabled.
Question Bank Fonts - Click Set to change the font, font style, size, and color of the text used throughout your tests or question banks.
- Click OK.