Selecting Questions by Standard
Use the Select Questions by Standard option if you want to choose questions based on their learning objective, national standard, state standard, or local standard. This powerful tool allows you to quickly create a test to help you determine which objectives your students have met and which objectives they still need to work on.
- Click or click Select from the menu bar and select By Standard.
- Select the question bank or banks you want to use and click Select. You may also click Select All to use all question banks within the selected folder. If necessary, click the folder button to navigate to the folder containing your question banks.
- Click Next.
A window with five columns appears. The first column shows the learning objective or standard. Click the Standard type drop-down menu to select whether you want to display the learning objective, national standard, state standard, or local standard.
- The Already Selected column shows the number of questions for each learning objective or standard that are already on the test. Number Remaining lets you know how many more you can select from the current question bank or banks. Additional Selections includes space for you to select new questions. Total shows the total for each learning objective or standard.
- In the Additional Selections column, enter the number of new questions you want to select for each objective/standard.
- Click Select.
The program selects the number of questions you requested that match the objectives/standards you selected and then it rebuilds the test in the background.
- Repeat steps 5 - 6 to select additional questions.
- Click Close when you finish selecting questions by standard.
Because some questions may contain more than one objective/standard, the total in the Number Remaining column may not match the actual total of questions available.