Translating a Test
With the translate function, ExamView Test Generator automatically builds a new test using an alternate language question bank. The software does not actually translate a test. It simply finds and selects the matching questions from the alternate question bank(s).IMPORTANT
The Translate Test command appears in the menu only if the publisher-prepared banks include banks for multiple languages (e.g., English and Spanish).
- Save the current test.
- Click Test from the menu bar and select Translate Test to (language).
- If necessary, you may have to identify the location of the question bank file(s).
- For best results, do not edit any questions or add new ones to the publisher-supplied question banks. If, for example, you edit a question in an English question bank, the equivalent question in the Spanish bank is not updated. This same rule applies for new questions you add to a question bank.
- Any changes you make to questions on a test or new questions you add will not be reflected in a “translated” test. If you edit a question on a test, it is necessary to make the same edits once the “translated” test appears.
- If you want to add your own questions, create a completely new question bank. When you create a test that includes your own questions, the program will not be able to “translate” those questions. ExamView Test Generator will display a message letting you know if it could not “translate” some of the questions. You can then manually add those questions to the test.
- If you accidentally change a question bank, it may be best to re-install the question bank(s). You may need to delete any question bank files you changed for the installer to correctly update the question bank files.
- Once installed, do not change the folder names for the question banks as the program may not be able to locate the alternate language files.