Instructors can configure Session default and other settings for their account. You always have the ability to change the settings when you create or start a Session, but your account default settings help you start Sessions quickly with your most common options.
Adjust Account Settings
- Log into PointSolutions Web with your instructor account.
- If you are an Administrator, or if your organization is also using EchoPoll, you will be taken to the Application Dashboard. Click the PointSolutions tile on the Application Dashboard.
If you are not an Administrator, and if you are not enrolled in EchoPoll, you will be taken to PointSolutions automatically.
- Click the gear icon at the top of the page to access your account settings.
Account Settings are separated into three sections. When you are first added to an organization, the organization default settings will be applied. You can change your personal settings without affecting other instructors in your organization.
Session settings are the default options for all new sessions created with PointSolutions. You can adjust these settings and change them at any time, or click Load Defaults to reset the options to your organization's default settings.
- Enforce Roster prevents any user from participating in the session if they are not on the course roster, even if they have a PointSolutions account and the session join information.
- Require Participant Sign In prevents any user from participating in the session if they don't have a PointSolutions account. Non-rostered users can join the session, but they must be logged into their account to join.
- The remaining settings in this section are related to Sessions that allow guest users to participate without a PointSolutions account. Instructors can choose settings for First Name, Last Name, Email, and User ID.
- Hidden will prevent the guest user from seeing this field. Guests will not be asked to provide this information, even optionally.
- Optional will show the field to guest participants as they join a session, but they will not be required to fill it out in order to join the session.
- Required will show the field to guest participants as they join a session and will prevent them from joining until they have entered the information.
Be sure to click Save after you make changes so that your new options will be applied.
You can configure when you would like a question's results to display during a Session by default. Choose from the following options:
- Never will hide the question results during the session. Participants will not see the question results during polling or after the question is closed.
- Review Only will display the question results once the question is closed, so participants can see the final results for the question.
- Always will display the question results the entire time, so participants can see responses as they are received.
You can reserve up to ten unique Session IDs to use with your sessions. This is recommended if you would like to use the same Session ID throughout all sessions in a Course so that participants can easily join.
- Click Add New Reserved Session ID.
- Enter your desired Session ID. Session IDs must be at least 4 characters long, but no more than 14 characters and must contain at least one letter. A Session ID can only be reserved by one instructor at a time, so you may see an error that the ID is already reserved if you choose a common ID like "Bio101".
- Once a Session ID is reserved, you can make it your Default ID. Only one Session ID can be marked as the default. This will be your Default Session ID each time you start a new session. If none of your Reserved IDs are marked as default, new Sessions will be defaulted to a random ID.
- Click the trash can icon to remove a Reserved Session ID.