The look and feel of the Player is changing in December with the Q4 release. Upcoming changes are identified in this article by providing screenshots labeled "Old UI" and "New UI".
The Classroom player described in this article refers to the legacy classroom player in EchoVideo courses that shows video and presentation media. This player is being replaced incrementally throughout the system by the newer EchoVideo player. The tools in the newer player are similar to but not exactly the same as the In-Classroom tools described below.
Being "in the classroom" means viewing the content or media in the class, and interacting with the media in some way. You can watch the class as it was recorded, as well as view any other presentation materials that may have been shared in the classroom.
The In-Classroom Tools let you take Notes (if you are a student), post and respond to Questions, Bookmark video or slide locations, and if necessary, mark video scenes or slides as Confusing. Notes and Q&A can be viewed outside of the classroom in the Study Guide or Q&A Tabs for the course respectively.
If you are viewing a live-streamed class (real-time broadcasting rather than a recording) the toolset and functionality are slightly different. See Viewing Live Classes for details.
To view content in the classroom
Click on the class row from the Class List as shown below.
The classroom opens as shown in the below figure.
- Use the playback bar at the bottom of the classroom viewer to control the video or navigate through presentation pages.
The figure below shows a classroom capture with double videos in the capture, as well as a separate presentation loaded to the class.
- Click one of the media panels to maximize that media in the window, and swap with the currently displayed item.
- Click the Layout icon (located on the bottom right end of the playback bar) to change the layout of the visual items in the classroom. Rotate through all of your options to see which works best for you. See Using Classroom Tools for details on the classroom controls and functionality.
- Click the Sources button to enable or disable one or more visual feeds. See Using Classroom Tools for details on the classroom controls and functionality.
- Click the Discussions icon to open the Q&A panel. Any questions or comments posted for this class, along with their responses, appear in the panel that opens on the right side of the classroom. You can post or respond to questions in this panel.
- Click the New Question icon to open the Discussions panel with the New Question text box open and ready for input.
- Students can click the Flag icon to mark a scene or slide as confusing. Instructors will see a notification dot with the number of students who flagged that particular slide or scene. Instructors can also use the Analytics tab to see exactly what portion of the content the student was viewing when they clicked the flag.
- When you are finished viewing this class, click the Class List link at the top of the classroom toolbar to jump directly to viewing another class.
Alternately, click the Section Name at the top to exit the classroom and return to the Class List page.