In order for Echo360 content to appear through an LMS course/section, the Echo360 section must be selected as the target for the LTI link created for the course. For some institutions, this is an Admin task; for some institutions, this task is allowed or required of the course instructors.
Navigating the drop-down lists for finding and selecting the proper Echo360 section can become quite cumbersome for non-admin users.
For institutions where the instructor does the linking, the selection lists can be limited to only those sections to which the instructor is enrolled. If this feature is toggled on, the section to be linked must exist in Echo360 and that instructor must be assigned to the section in order for it to appear in the selection list for linking to an LMS section.
To limit course/section selection lists for linking by LMS Instructors
- Log into Echo360 as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
General settings appears and Basic Info is selected by default.
- Click Integration.
- From the middle panel, select LMS/VLE.
The LTI 1.1 tab is selected by default.
- In Global LMS Settings, under the Section options (Content Linking), check the box next to Only allow users to link LMS courses to sections they are an Instructor of., as shown in the below figure.
- Click Save to save your change.
LMS instructors who are configuring their LMS courses to link to Echo360 sections will now only see, and be able to select, those Echo360 sections in which they are already enrolled.