These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the February 23-24, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
Interactive Media can now be used in Echo360 courses!
Interactive media, that is video/audio media with embedded polling questions, can now be published to classes in your Echo360 courses. This allows instructors to mix videos, presentations, and interactive media in the same Echo360 course, giving a wider range of teaching tools.
This feature also includes an updated Polling tab for your courses, providing better "at a glance" information about each polling question and the student responses to them. It also includes the ability to download all student polling responses for the course into a CSV file.
All other course analytic data works as it always did, logging student views, responses to polling questions, discussion posts, and other student engagement information.
See Adding Interactive Media to a Class and Viewing Reponses to Polling Questions in Class-published Media, as well as Viewing Content in the New Player for more information.
More Enhancements to the Updated Player - The player you see when viewing media outside of Echo360, as well as the one used for playing interactive media in an Echo360 course, has gotten more updates:
- A Details button has been added to the player, allowing Instructors to easily access and view the Media Details page for a piece of content.
- The player now includes Quality control settings, allowing users to change the default Auto bandwidth option and select between Full and Lower options, as they may decide is appropriate for their network capabilities.
- The Discussions panel now has an Add Comment button, rather than having the add comment field showing by default. This provides more space for viewing any existing discussion posts already added for the media.
- The player now features a Title bar at the top, showing the title or filename of the media. The title bar fades in and out with the player controls.
See Viewing Content in the New Player and Using Tools in the New Player for more information.
Downloads now available from the Updated Player - Content Downloads are now available as a pre-release feature for the updated player. Enabling this feature adds a Download button to the player, allowing users to save the media to their local computer for offline viewing. Note that only authenticated viewers will see the download button; anonymous viewers cannot download Echo360 media.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to opt-in.
Updated LTI Error pages - The error page and message users see in the LMS/VLE now provide more useful information to users about what may have caused the problem.
Device Software Update: N/A
We promise it's not missing, there is no device software update in this release.
- Resolved an issue in the Zoom Meetings page where for some users the Echo360 section select list was not appearing properly, making it difficult for those users to map their Zoom meetings.
- Resolved an issue where old captures were appearing on the Admin Captures page in Capturing status.
- Resolved an issue where students trying to view an authenticated access link to media (a URL that requires the viewer to be logged in) were being presented with the Echo360 login page instead of the email entry page for logging in through the institution’s SSO process.
- Addressed several documentation issues, including an update to the recommendations surrounding the use of ad blockers and wide-spectrum blockers particularly for students.
- Resolved a cosmetic issue in the New Player where a content reference on media that was less than an hour long would still show the hour placeholder in the time format.
- Resolved an issue in some browsers where using the arrow keys to skip through media in the New Player allowed you to wrap back around to the beginning.