These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the April 16-17, 2019 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Content Details Page for Instructors and Students is here! (The Administrator’s version is coming soon.) The Content Details page, also referred to as the Media Details page has a new, updated look. It still has the Preview Panel and all of the media information you could ever want, but the functionality available is now consolidated in one location below the preview panel, with all the Share locations, classes, and links are listed together on one page for ease of access.
For more information, see The Content Details Page.
- The Class list in the Students Tab of the Instructor’s Analytics page now includes the date of the class along with the class name.
- Echo360 now “remembers” the class selected for Instructors navigating from a confusion marked class location in the Engagement tab of the Analytics page.
- Stability improvements in Universal Capture for Windows to harden against possible capture failures.
- If there is a capture schedule for a room but the device in the room was changed and has not yet contacted the Echo360 server, changes to the schedule are not allowed until device communication has been established. This ensures that the changes do not conflict with another schedule against the same device.
- Documentation additions for Administrators, to assist in transitioning from Classroom Capture (CCAP) to Universal Capture (UC). See Transitioning from Classroom Capture to Universal Capture Classroom.
- Updated the ReadMe file for Universal Capture for Mac.
- The newer Classroom player now appears in the Study Guide tab for students when they select a note synced with a video or slide location
- The positioning of the legend for the bar graph in the Classes tab of the Instructor’s Analytics page has been fixed so that it no longer runs off the edge of the page.
- If a student enters invalid characters into a Numerical polling slide response, but then removes the invalid characters, Echo360 no longer continues to show an error on the field.
- If the device type in a Room is changed, all future scheduled captures will now have their Source changed appropriately.
- The Institution logo now properly appears in the top right corner of embedded videos.
- Addressed an issue with slide focus that was inhibiting a slide clicker to properly advance presentation slides in a classroom.
- Echo360 now properly processes videos uploaded from Zoom when there is an intro/outro configured for videos.