These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the November 17-18, 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you may be aware, Echo360 is in the End of Life (EOL) process for the SafeCapture HD (SCHD). We plan to phase out both technical support and functional support in the platform over the following timeline:
April 1st, 2020: Echo360 has ended Software Support
Echo360 is no longer providing software updates for the SCHD appliance. This policy applies to enhancements, bug fixes, and security patches. Echo360 will continue to test SCHD appliances with improving versions of the Echo360 cloud platform until the End of Life date. In addition, the Echo360 Support Team will continue to assist customers with configuring and managing SCHD appliances until the End of Life date.
December 30th, 2020: End of Life
Echo360 will no longer ensure functionality of the SCHD appliance in any way. Echo360 will no longer test the SCHD on new cloud service releases and the Echo360 Support Team will no longer continue to diagnose or solve issues impacting SCHD units still in the field at that time.
You may continue to use functioning SCHDs for as long as you wish; however, we cannot guarantee the functionality of hardware/software compatibility with the Echo360 cloud platform past the above dates. If you have any questions about your transition to another capture method, please contact your Echo360 representative.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule
In order to accommodate the year-end holidays, Echo360 will be skipping the deployment that would otherwise occur the last week of December, per our normal two-week deployment schedule.
Therefore, the next few deployments will occur as follows:
- Nov 17-18, 2020 (this one)
- Dec 1-2, 2020
- Dec 15-16, 2020
- Jan 12-13, 2021 (4 weeks after previous)
Universal Capture for the Mac has been updated to support Big Sur (macOS 11.0).
NOTE: Big Sur requires Administrators to allow applications to capture the Desktop. Administrators using Apple Mobile Device Management (MDM) can pre-allow standard users to approve screen recording for specified apps like Zoom and Echo360 Capture.
See Allow Access to Inputs in macOS for more information.
The live player now synchronizes dual-video live streams. In general, the videos should be within 1-second of each other, similar to the sync experience for VOD.
See Viewing Live Streamed Classes for more information.
Echo360 has updated translations for interface components for all supported languages.
Device Software Update: 6.0.705277850
- The Alt-text field for images uploaded to polls now properly displays an error if the user attempts to enter more than 500 characters.
- Addressed an issue where LMS/VLE gradebook exports of section analytics from Echo360 would time out for sections with a large number of students and classes. This was released as a hotfix.
- Addressed an issue where the right/left scroll bar for the Import Slides area on the Edit Presentation screen was missing or too small to discern.
- Resolved an issue where sometimes a false Missed Capture alert was being sent after a corresponding capture schedule was deleted.
- Resolved an issue where UC: Personal was not retaining your Institution information after logging out.
- Fixed an issue where processing steps for some zoom recordings were happening out of order, resulting in the recording not being transferred to Echo360.
- Resolved an issue that was not letting Instructors delete content from their Library if it was in an errored state.
- Resuming a Capture with UC using the shortcut keys now minimizes the application properly.
- Resolved an issue where some users were seeing “ZoomAudioDevice” as a Microphone input option within Universal Capture.