These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the December 15-16, 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you may be aware, Echo360 is in the End of Life (EOL) process for the SafeCapture HD (SCHD). As of December 30th, 2020, the SCHD will officially reach EOL. This means that:
- Echo360 will no longer ensure functionality of the SCHD appliance in any way.
- Echo360 will no longer test the SCHD on new cloud service releases.
- The Echo360 Support Team will no longer continue to diagnose or solve issues impacting SCHD units still in the field at that time.
You may continue to use functioning SCHDs for as long as you wish; however, we cannot guarantee the functionality of hardware/software compatibility with the Echo360 cloud platform past the above dates. If you have any questions about your transition to another capture method, please contact your Echo360 representative.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule
In order to accommodate the year-end holidays, Echo360 will be skipping the deployment that would otherwise occur the last week of December, per our normal two-week deployment schedule.
Therefore, the next few deployments will occur as follows:
- Dec 15-16, 2020 (this one)
- Jan 12-13, 2021 (4 weeks after previous)
Groups now allow for Sharing media outside of the group
Groups now provide a Share privilege that can be assigned to members of the group. Users given the Share privilege can share the media from the group to other Echo360 users, to another group, to an Echo360 course, or create a Link to the media for sharing outside of Echo360.
See Sharing Media from a Group to Other Locations as well as Managing Group Member Rights and Privileges for more information.
Scheduled Zoom Meetings can now be automatically published to Echo360 Courses
Echo360 now provides a Zoom mapping feature that allows instructors and teaching assistants to map their existing scheduled Zoom meetings to Echo360 course sections. Once mapped, the completed Zoom recordings are automatically published into new classes in the target section.
See Mapping Zoom Meetings to Echo360 Sections for more information.
Universal Capture now captures System Audio - The Universal Capture Desktop Applications (UC: Personal and UC: Classroom) now have the ability to record your local system audio in addition to or instead of a microphone.
See Capturing System Audio with Universal Capture for more information.
Echo360 now supports embedding media in Moodle via an LTI Activity Tool - Echo360 now allows Moodle Administrators to configure an Activity Tool for embedding media. This allows Moodle users to select the tool and embed the media directly as an Activity link in a Course, rather than needing a content window for embedding Echo360 media.
For more information, see Adding an Echo360 Media Activity Embed Tool (for Administrators) and Embedding Echo360 Media into Moodle via Activity Link (for Instructors/TAs/Students).
Updated Documentation surrounding upgrading the Echo360 embed media tool in your LMS/VLE. The documentation for upgrading your Echo360 embed media tool has been broken out and streamlined to be clearer and easier to follow. We STRONGLY encourage all institutions to upgrade to the newest version of the available tools. The newest versions provide fully authenticated views of embedded media, unique viewer tracking and reporting of views, and access to embedding interactive media into LMS/VLE courses.
For more information, see the article that applies to your LMS/VLE product in the Integrations section of the online support portal.
Device Software Update: 6.0.707722366
- The following items were addressed as hotfixes to Echo360:
- When using the API to clone Echo360 sections, the instructor provided for the clone is now properly enrolled in the new section.
- Resolved an issue with Multiple Choice questions, where all of the defined polling feedback entries were being shown to students instead of only showing the feedback applicable to the response they entered.
- Resolved an issue where polling feedback in presentations was being shown to students (after the poll was closed) even if they did not respond to the poll.
- Addressed an issue where some customers were unable to register their Echo360 Zoom integration
- In editing-mode, the interactive media playback now pauses when a user selects to add or edit an embedded poll to the media.
- Addressed an issue where the Preferred Language setting for new users was defaulting to Australian English.
- Numeric polls now provide an error if the user does not fill in the first (left-most) of the two response fields.
- Addressed an issue surrounding alt-text for polls in interactive media not being attributed properly on the Polling tab of the media details page.
- Resolved an issue where updates to polling feedback were not being displayed to students in the classroom in real-time.
- Addressed a series of UI issues surrounding polls and polling feedback display.