These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the March 09-10, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
Echo360 can now be integrated with Microsoft Teams!
Echo360 can now be configured and added to Microsoft Teams as an app. This Echo360 App can provide both access to the Echo360 Library as well as access to linked Echo360 sections. Essentially, we have made it possible to use Microsoft Teams as your educational learning environment, complete with Echo360 as your content management system.
For more information and links to setup instructions, see Overview: MS Teams and Echo360.
Updates to the preview screen for Universal Capture (UC):
All UC interfaces now display a Live or On Demand badge on the preview screen to help indicate to users what type of capture will be created when the Record button is clicked.
Additionally, when the preview screen is launched (when opening UC or after a capture completes) the publishing location has been added to the title area, to help indicate where your recording will end up (since your last selected publishing location is retained between captures).
Media Description has been added to the Updated Player!
If a description has been added for a piece of media, clicking the new Description link from the updated player will show or hide that description as a dismissible overlay.
The updated player is what you see when playing media outside of Echo360, via public links or embedded media, as well as the player for interactive media published to an Echo360 course.
See Viewing Content in the New Player and Using Tools in the New Player for more information.
Ordered List, Image Polls and Numerical Polls now provide summary response information - The Polling tab for interactive media, on both the Media Details page and in an Echo360 section, now provide summary information about student responses, just like Multiple Choice polls do. This includes total counts of each response option as well as that count as a percentage of students in the class or of the total who have responded. It also shows a total count and percentage of non-responses to the poll.
See Viewing Responses to Polling Questions in the Media Details page and/or Viewing Responses to Polling Questions in an Echo360 Course for more information.
Downloads from the Updated Player
Some enhancements have been made to the Download pre-release feature available in the updated player for authenticated embedded content in an LMS, and for interactive media published to an Echo360 course.
- We now support UTF-8 encoded file download names.
- The download modal interface has been updated to fit smaller embeds without scrolling.
- Downloads now respect the appropriate Institution-level feature toggles surrounding content downloads. Interactive media in an Echo360 course respect the toggle setting at the course section level where it resides.
See Viewing Content in the New Player for more information.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in opting-in.
Improved Echo360 administrative alerting functionality to make the alerting service more responsive for users.
Searching across a course now provides matching transcript entries complete with time location of the match. When the search result is clicked, the user is taken to the location in the media where the match is found, and the transcript panel is open to the matching location. See Searching Across a Course for more details.
Device Software Update: 6.0.714883108
- The following items were addressed as hotfixes to Echo360:
- Resolved an issue where Safari users were not able to hear mono audio on live streams.
- Resolved an issue where Discussions for interactive media published to an Echo360 course were not respecting the Q&A feature toggle setting.
- Resolved an issue where some clients were having trouble getting the analytics data on the instructor dashboard to load.
- Added recommendations to the documentation surrounding issues where browser plugins for ad blocking and wide-spectrum blocking were interfering with the generation of viewing analytics for students.
- When viewing closed captioning set to be displayed at the top of the updated player, the captions are no longer hidden under the title.
- Resolved an issue where the Play icon and Start Over button could potentially appear over-top of an embedded poll in the updated player.
- Resolved an issue where the Media Editor was intermittently failing to load for some users.
- Anonymous users now only see Green "unviewed" icons for media in class lists (where the user is viewing through an anonymous course access link).