These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the April 20-21, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule
In order to accommodate the US Memorial Day holiday, Echo360 will be skipping the deployment that would otherwise occur in the first week of June, per our normal two-week deployment schedule.
Therefore, the next few deployments will occur as follows:
- Apr 20-21, 2021 (this one)
- May 04-05, 2021
- May 18-19, 2021
- June 15-16, 2021 (4 weeks after previous)
Recording quality selection and Highest Quality options are here for Universal Capture!
Universal Capture now lets you select a recording quality from the UC Capture Details page prior to starting a recording.
We have also created a new Highest Quality option for UC software (both Classroom and Personal) and updated the existing Highest Quality option for the Pro and Pod to provide high fidelity audio. Uploading media no longer downgrades audio quality during processing.
For more information, see Universal Capture Recording Quality and Start a Recording with Universal Capture.
MS Teams now allows for UPN email usage - Some MS Teams institutions are set up in a way where the user profile email address is different than the User Principal Name (UPN) Email that users provide on login. Echo360's MS Teams integration now allows for the use of the UPN email address as the primary email identifier for users. When enabled, Echo360 uses the UPN for the incoming user in their Echo360 user account.
See Configuring MS Teams with Echo360 for more information.
The updated player is now available in the interactive media editor - The updated media player and all the functionality it provides now appears when users select to add polls to a video to create interactive media, or when they select to edit the polls in a piece of interactive media.
Device Software Update: 6.0.718598396
- The following were released as a hotfix:
Resolved an issue where the Discussions feature for content outside of Echo360 was enabled when it should not have been.
Resolved an issue where content outside of Echo360 was not playing back on some mobile browsers. See Recommended Browsers for more information.
- Addressed an issue where if a Zoom meeting contained multiple parts that were very close in size (Echo360 only retrieves the largest file of a multi-part meeting) then none of the parts are ingested. This was also released as a hotfix.
- Fixed an issue where answer choices in Multiple Choice and Ordered List polls do not wrap and instead extend to the right side of the player into the Discussions panel.
- Additional labels have been added to Universal Capture fields to make them accessible for screen readers.
- In the Updated Media Player, we resolved an issue where the Additional Media Details bar was cut off for Interactive Media published to an Echo360 course and was not appearing at all when the only item present was the Description.
- Addressed an issue where the "loading dots" would appear and persist in the media details page playback pane for interactive media and in Groups if the Share option was selected then closed, or any other user action (copy, download, etc.) was initiated.
- Resolved an issue with the interactive media editor, where if a user while viewing an existing poll, added a new poll with an updated timestamp, the player would "hang" when the user saved the new poll until they clicked on another poll or anywhere on the media timeline.
- In the Student Response table of the Section Polling and Media Details Polling pages, for students where the poll is “Unseen” (interactive media) or “No Response” (polling slide), the Date column is now blank instead of being populated with the date/time the page was loaded.
- Editing or adding alt-text to polling images in class-published media no longer requires users currently IN the classroom to refresh the page to receive the updates to the alt-text.
- Resolved an issue where if the user's language setting was anything other than US English (en-us), the result count shown at the top of the Section Search results list was not accurate.
- Fixed an issue where some instructors were not showing up on the Top Section Report in the Admin Dashboard.
- On the Media Details Analytics tab, the user is presented with a clearer error message if there is an issue loading the data for the Views table.
- The Scheduled status tab on the Admins Captures page no longer increments the scheduled capture count when captures are removed, and now accurately presents the count in both the tab button as well as at the top of the scheduled captures list.