These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the October 22-23, 2019 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Universal Capture for Appliances is now GA (generally available)!
What does this mean?
Administrators can choose to upgrade their devices at any time until or near January 15th, 2020, at which point Echo360 will trigger the upgrade for you. The Universal Capture UI will then be available for Pro and Pod appliances only, allowing users to access Universal Capture both via the UC: Device interface and the UC: Online interface. This provides a consistent user experience across capture platforms; it works and looks the same no matter where or how users are creating content.
For more information on transitioning, see Universal Capture on the Pro and Pod.
- The Add Media to Group selection box now has a Filter where users can select a Term and/or a Course-Section to limit the media selection list if needed.
- Continued improvements have been made to reduce the amount of time needed for Universal Capture to install, update, and start (the time it takes for UC to install or update and then be ready to record).
- Universal Capture for the Mac has been updated to support Catalina (macOS 10.15).
NOTE: Catalina requires users to allow applications to capture the Desktop. See Allow Access to Inputs in macOS for more information.
Device Software Update: Version 6.0.671330927
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- Resolved an issue where classroom videos/captures would get into a state where the video would not allow timestamps and would throw an error when students would try to take notes.
- Resolved an issue where polling slides were not loading consistently via the Mobile Apps.
- Resolved an issue where some instructors would receive an error when trying to create a class in a section.
-- The above three issues were resolved through a hotfix release. --
- Resolved an issue where the Mobile App would show duplicates of some classes (in particular, future scheduled classes where a presentation had been published).
- Resolved an issue where Universal Capture: Personal was requiring users to log back in almost every time the application was opened, rather than retaining your user credentials.
- Resolved an issue where if the Universal Capture worker crashed while the UI was open, you would see the End of Capture confirmation screen rather than being taken directly back to Previewing/Capturing when the workers restarted.
- Resolved an issue where the device type for Universal Capture: Classroom (both Mac and Windows) was not being shown when attempting to add a new device to a Room.