These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the July 13-14, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Polling Response Data Overview – The Polling tab, both for Echo360 courses and for the Media Details page for interactive media now contain an Overview ribbon for at-a-glance performance information.
- The Polling Overview for the Course Polling tab provides summary response information for all polls, both slides and interactive media, across the whole course.
- The Polling Overview for the Media Details Polling tab provides summary response information for the polls in the media, across all courses where it has been posted for student viewing.
Echo360 Public Media Links can now be Indexed by external sites – Echo360 Administrators can now enable public media link indexing for all Echo360 media links. Enabling this option allows external sites where an Echo360 link is posted to “index” the link, providing a preview panel for the media, as well as making the link searchable.
For more information, see Allowing Indexing of Public Media Links.
Intelligent frame rate for Universal Capture client recordings – On devices with under-powered or over-taxed CPUs, the Universal Capture client now intelligently adjusts the frame rate of the capture in order to avoid pegging the processor at 100%, and/or sporadically disconnecting the capture signal. This allows less robust machines to be able to run Universal Capture successfully.
For best results, however, follow the recommended specifications for Universal Capture, particularly if the goal is to produce Highest Quality profile captures.
Embedded Media Player now retains proper ratio for 16:9 media – Where Echo360 media has been embedded external to the platform in a 16:9 iframe, the media player no longer requires scroll bars to access the media options typically located below the playback panel.
For these media, the expand button now appears in the title bar (on hover). In this case, users can expand the media to its own tab, where the other available controls will appear in their usual location, below the playback panel.
Device Software Update: 6.0.725594546
- Device offline alerts now properly retain device offline interval settings if the master checkbox is un-checked then later re-checked.
- Various updates and fixes to text in automatic notification email sent from the platform.
- Resolved screen reader issues surrounding announcements of changes to ordered list polls as students re-order the options.
- Updated the description text for CSV Update Import examples to note that leaving an ExternalId field blank on update will clear the existing value.
- Resolved an issue where Section CSV Exports were failing for some institutions.
- The Student Responses table in the Polling tab (for either a course or the media details page) now correctly sorts by Response column.
- Remediated several issues surrounding the use of hotkeys and keyboard shortcuts in the media player.
- Closed Captions for media links now appear properly in mobile devices.
- Long titles on media no longer extend beyond the width of the title bar in the media player.
- The FQDN (fully qualified domain name) can now be updated for existing Rooms.