These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the March 24-25, 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IP Cameras are now supported for use with the Pro and Pod!
For more information on how to configure your IP Camera, see IP Camera Support.
As a part of this release, the Pod Room Configuration UI has been updated to be similar to that of the Pro.
Less aggressive appliance reboots. We have limited the scenarios where appliances (Pro and Pod) reboot automatically to the following:
- When the capture engine times out trying to determine what state it is in.
- When a capture is unlikely to succeed based on repeated exits of the capture worker.
- Users can now enter negative numbers and exponent notation (45e10) into Numerical Activity slides.
Device Software Update: 6.0.684976577
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- Addressed an issue where trailing spaces in a numeric entry by students were causing the answer to be marked wrong; spaces are no longer permitted in the fields.
- Resolved an issue where offline capture devices were causing schedule created lessons to disappear from the class list.
- Resolved an issue surrounding Cielo24 captions for captures auto-published to multiple sections.
- The shortcut key(s) to bring the Universal Capture application back into view work correctly.
- Resolved an issue where, if an appliance was factory reset, it was then unable to receive a new device.xml from a USB drive.
- Resolved an issue where Proxy information was unable to be edited in a Room configuration. This went out as a hotfix.
- If a schedule is edited and updated to be Live within 5 minutes of the capture start time (the preroll period), the capture now streams correctly.
- Resolved an issue where Universal Capture was not able to run successfully on some newer Windows computers and tablets.
NOTE: If you were experiencing this issue, the fix will require you to reinstall Universal Capture.
- Resolved an issue where Live streams were not able to be viewed on Android devices using the native browser (Chrome).