These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the September 21-22, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Consolidated Analytics preview can now be configured for your LMS/VLE!
Echo360 is working toward presenting our LMS/VLE users with easier-to-access and easier-
to-manage media analytics. Our consolidated analytics will allow instructors to access viewing and polling response data for all Echo360 media associated each LMS/VLE course.
To that end, we have made changes that allow Administrators to add an Echo360 Analytics tool to their LMS/VLE. The tool can then be made available for any or all LMS/VLE courses, and accessible to instructors and admins.
This “pre-release” version is still being enhanced but gives an excellent launching point for instructors to see what information we are providing and how we are presenting it. In the meantime, see Viewing Echo360 Media Analytics for your LMS Course Media.
In a future release, the consolidated analytics will not require an LMS/VLE tool for access, but if you would like early access, you are welcome to set one up. For instructions, use the online support page(s) below that apply to your institution’s LMS/VLE:
BLACKBOARD: Creating an Echo360 Analytics Link (placement) in Blackboard
CANVAS: Creating an Echo360 Media Analytics Link for Canvas Courses
- Creating an Echo360 Analytics Tool in Moodle
- Adding an Echo360 Media Analytics link to your Moodle Course
- Creating an Echo360 Analytics Tool in Brightspace
- Adding an Echo360 Media Analytics Link to Brightspace Course Navigation
And as always, if you want more information or need help, contact your Echo360 customer support representative or Echo360 Support.
Pages with multiple embedded media now load faster – We’ve made some improvements to how the Echo360 embedded player loads the media in order to better support multiple media embedded on the same LMS/VLE page.
Echo360 media editor now allows for editing captures that are still processing – Video media from Universal Capture (not uploads or SCHD appliance captures) can now be opened and edited even while they are still processing.
Device Software Update: 6.0.731907265
- The following issues were addressed via hotfixes since the last release:
- Users who create and publish presentations via the PowerPoint Ribbon add-on can again publish their content to existing classes in a section.
- The media details page now appears properly for Universal Capture recordings that are still in the Processing state.
- Addressed an issue where Moodle users could not view embedded content in a course if it was a course copy including the content. We have updated the Moodle Plugin/Filter to address this issue (to v1.0.30) and recommend you update your Moodle instance as soon as possible.
- Users are no longer taken to the poll details page when trying to use the Share dialog box for Polls in their Library when accessed from the Library List view.
- Students are now no longer stuck in a redirect loop if they try to open a class in a section where interactive media is published but set to “unavailable” to students.
- Addressed issues surrounding sharing/unsharing polls from a group to individual users.
- We have removed the “Expand” button from the player when the media is already in full-screen mode.
- Capture thumbnail images on the device cards in the Admin Rooms page are now updating properly when viewed in Safari.
- Addressed issues surrounding SMS instructions on polling slides in presentations, including:
- Ensuring SMS instructions are still visible even if responses are shown, as well as after a student has responded but the poll is still open
- Hiding SMS instructions once the poll is closed
- No longer showing SMS Response instructions if the question requires a justification, as those questions cannot be responded to via text
- The Transcript editor now properly shows the transcript versions available in the Version drop-down list.
- Fixed an issue on Mac for Universal Capture personal where it would not ask for needed device permissions until a device was selected, resulting in potential missed input errors.
- Resolved an issue with Universal Capture software for macOS where inputs that had been allowed by the user were not being recorded.
- Fixed an issue where a previous capture configuration error was not cleaned up correctly, resulting in a subsequent capture on the same device being able to start but getting stuck in Capturing state.
- Fixed an issue where extending the duration of a live stream during the preview/pre-roll before going live could sometimes result in the stream being inaccessible.
- Resolved an issue where edited media would appear in the Error state for Admins for some time before eventually being processed and completed.
- Media titles no longer bleed outside of the player top frame on fade-out.
- Resolved several issues where recordings could get stuck and appear as though there were perpetually capturing on the Captures tab.