These Deployment Notes contain a summary of the changes made to the Echo360 platform for the April 05-06, 2022 production deployments. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release/Deployment Notes articles located here in the online resource center, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New and Improved!
Universal Capture now officially supported for Macs with Apple Silicon (M1) processors
Our Universal Capture software, for both UC: Personal and UC: Classroom versions have been optimized for use with the new Apple Silicon (M1) processors. The Downloads page gives users the option of selecting the Intel version or the Apple Silicon version of the installer, for whichever type of Mac they are using.
For more information, see Installing Universal Capture Classroom or Installing Universal Capture Personal.
Edit Media and Edit Transcripts Commands Now Available through Collections
Users who have been given the Edit Media and Edit Transcript permissions in a collection can now access those commands from within the collection itself. This provides easy access to these editing features completely within the collections where the media resides.
For more information, see Collections – Overview.
Device Software Update: 6.0.748751470
Bugs and other Issues Addressed
- Echo360 now properly locks Interactive Media while it is being edited, preventing additional users from enacting simultaneous edits and possible overwriting of changes.
- Updates provided to the Canvas API integration documentation, to provide information on how to enforce scopes on the Canvas Developer Key used for the integration.
- Updates provided to the Moodle API integration documentation to address issues surrounding users selecting to “hide” their email address, as well as to provide instructions on how to configure a custom role for integration system user assignment.
- Addressed an issue where the LMS course lookup by user via the API integration was in certain cases not returning all results.
- Resolved an issue in the Media Editor where inserting content sometimes caused one or more clips/segments of a capture to lose audio.
- Addressed an issue surrounding Numeric polls with Range Type answers, where student responses of 0 (zero) were being tallied as either incorrect or no response in the interface.
- Resolved a permissions issue where collection members could edit transcripts for the collection media but could not push the transcript to closed captions.