See also Embedding Echo360 Videos into Canvas if embedding a video directly into a content window is more appropriate than linking into a classroom, refer to the following articles:
- Embedding Echo360 Videos into Canvas
- Embedding Echo360 Videos into Moodle
- Embedding Videos into LMS Content Windows (without an embed button)
This may be preferred if you want students to view media that is NOT published to a class.
In addition to linking the LMS to the class list or "home page" for the section, Echo360 also allows you to create one or more links that each take students directly into a class for the section.
Echo360 cannot restrict student access to sections. If you are linking a single LMS course to multiple Echo360 sections (and/or classrooms in multiple sections) and not all students should have access to all linked Echo360 sections, you must be certain to configure the links in the LMS to restrict which students can see or access them. Echo360 will automatically enroll any student who links into a section through an LMS link. Contact your LMS administrator for assistance if necessary.
The instructions below assume the Echo360 section already exists, AND that there are classes in the section to choose from. The below procedures can be performed by an instructor or an administrator. Be advised, however, if an administrator completes the linking process, they will automatically be assigned as an Instructor in the Echo360 section. Those admins can be un-enrolled from those sections through Echo360 once all the linking is complete.
If the course/section does not yet exist in Echo360, you may be able to create the course and/or section, unless that capability has been disabled for the institution. However individual classes will still need to be created in Echo360 before you can link to them.
Allow Popups from the LMS site: If the LTI External tool link was properly configured to open in a new window/tab, the first time you access it, you may need to select to allow pop-ups from the LMS site in your browser. This should only be necessary on first access.
To link an LMS course or section directly to Echo360 section classrooms
NOTE: You may need to complete linking to the section home before the section's classes can be listed. This is because you, as the user, must be enrolled as an instructor in the section before a class list can be generated to select for linking.
- Log into the LMS as either an instructor or an admin.
- Open the LMS course or section you want to link.
- If a link to the Echo360 section does not already exist, create one.
- Create a new link in the LMS for the direct-to-class link you are creating. Be sure to give each link a name that describes the class you are linking to (class name and date or other descriptor as appropriate). See the appropriate instructional page for your LMS:
- If there is one section linked to the LMS course, that section is selected by default. Select (or link) a different section if necessary.
- Below the course/section lists, enable to Link to a Classroom radio button.
The window expands to list all classes in the section.
- Select the class you want to link to, then click LINK CONTENT as shown in the below figure.
If you want to link to the section home (class list), follow the instructions in Linking LMS Courses to Echo360 Sections.
The Echo360 link is now linked to the corresponding classroom. Users clicking the link in their LMS are taken directly into that classroom to view the media.
AS CITED ABOVE: Echo360 cannot restrict student access to sections. If you are linking a single LMS course to multiple Echo360 sections (and/or classrooms in multiple sections) and not all students should have access to all linked Echo360 sections, you must be certain to configure the links in the LMS to restrict which students can see or access them. Echo360 will automatically enroll any student who links into a section through an LMS link. Contact your LMS administrator for assistance if necessary.
Repeat the above steps as often as necessary to create links to all the appropriate classrooms.
NOTE that even though students are directed into the classroom, they can still navigate throughout Echo360.
Admins that establish these links to Echo360 are automatically enrolled as instructors into the Echo360 section. They can be unenrolled later, after all the LMS links to Echo are established