The LIBRARY page is the repository for all of your content, whether or not it is currently published to a class or is available to students. This topic provides an overview of this page. For more details, see Working with Library Content.
How does it get there?
There are several ways content gets added to an instructor's Library:
- You are the primary instructor for a class and are identified as the instructor for the capture.
Captures created for the class automatically appear in your library. Furthermore, they remain there, even if removed from the class.
- You upload content to your library.
- You upload a presentation or upload a video directly to a class.
- You create a copy of published content you don't own (e.g., from the Class List)
- You edit a video and select Save As to create a new (edited) version of the video.
- Someone shares content with you. These appear in the Shared with me section of the Library page.
If a secondary instructor adds content to a class, it appears in their library but not in the primary instructor's library. If you are a primary instructor and want this content in your library, request the other instructor share it with you, or you can download it from the Class list page and then upload it to your library, or you can create a copy of the item from the class list menu (if the option is enabled for your institution)
Hovering over an item in the Library page exposes a menu arrow (also called a "chevron") in the top right corner of the tile, or on the right side of a row if viewing the page in List view.
Click the chevron to see a menu of options, which differ slightly, depending on the type of content selected.
|Video content menu||Presentation content menu|