Captures can be published to one or more sections, or shared with one or more individuals. Captures created for sections are auto-published when they are scheduled. However you may need to manually publish a capture to one or more additional sections/classes.
ALTERNATELY, you can copy the public link for a video and post it anywhere you like, to allow non-Echo360 users to view the media. This may be an option if publishing does not provide sufficient access.
Publishing a capture to a class
"Publishing" simply means "putting the capture into a class so students and instructors can view it".
NOTE: Class Date and Time are optional, but if there is no date, the class MUST have a name. In addition, classes with no date will appear at the bottom of the class list by default; users may have to scroll to see it.
To publish a capture to a class
- From the Completed list on the CAPTURES page, find the capture you want.
- Click on the capture row to open the capture details page.
- Below the capture preview, click the Publishing tab (if necessary; it is shown by default). If the item has already been published, the locations are listed here
- Click PUBLISH. The Publish to a new location dialog box appears, as shown in the below figure.
- Select To a course.
- Use the drop-down lists to select a Course, then select a Section. Begin typing the course or section identifier in the text box for each drop-down list, to filter the list for easier selection.
- Select whether to create a New class or publish the capture to an Existing class.
- If you create a new class to hold the capture, enter the Class name, Start date, Start time, Duration, and a Description.
- If necessary, select Availability details:
- Now - Makes the capture visible immediately to the individual or section. This is the default.
- On a specific date - Makes the capture available as of the date entered (yyyy-mm-dd).
To set a window of availability, also select On a specific date under the Make Unavailable section, and enter the date the capture is to become unavailable.
- Don't make available - Publishes the capture to the location (typically a section) but not available for student viewing. The instructor will see the capture in the class page, and can make the capture available to students as appropriate.
- Click PUBLISH.
Sharing a capture with another user
"Sharing" is the act of making a capture available to an individual by adding it to the Shared with me section of their LIBRARY page.
If the user you are sharing the capture with needs to have full control or "ownership" of the item you may want to assign them as the owner instead of sharing it with them. If this is not appropriate, they can download then re-upload the content to generate a copy of it, for which they will be the owner. See Changing Ownership for further details.
To share a capture with a user
- From the Completed or Errors status list on the CAPTURES page, find the capture you want.
- Click on the capture row to open the capture details page
- Below the capture preview, click Sharing. Existing sharing information for the capture appears, as shown in the below figure.
- Click SHARE. The Share to user dialog box appears.
- Enter the email address of the user you want to share the capture with. Separate multiple addresses with commas.
- When finished, click SHARE.
The new sharing information appears in the list below the capture.
The users to whom you shared the item should now see it in the Shared with me page of their LIBRARY. From there they can download the item or delete it when no longer needed.