Echo360 has developed mobile applications that allow Instructors and Students to view classes, including both videos and presentations, and to upload videos to your library using your smartphone or tablet. See Quick Guide to the Mobile Apps for an overview of the features available.
While the interfaces between the apps differs slightly, the basic navigation and core functionality is the same across platforms, with the exception of the Window's mobile app, which currently provides only core classroom viewing functionality. It does not yet support Q&A, notes/study guide, download/offline viewing, or show/hide slides feature for instructors.
The mobile apps do not support administrator functionality. The mobile apps ALSO do not support the viewing of Live-streamed classes; you must use a mobile or desktop browser to view live streams. You can view the completed video once it is published.
The Echo360 Mobile App is available for the following platforms:
- The Android app is supported on Android 5 and higher. It is available from the Google Play store:
- The iOS app is supported on iOS 9.1 or later. It is available from the iTunes App store:
- The Windows Mobile app is supported on Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Mobile devices, as well as on XBox One. It is available from the Windows App store:
- The Echo360 app is now also available for the Amazon Kindle and is available on the Amazon App store:
Echo360 Mobile App use by LMS users - two things you MUST know:
1) If you typically access Echo360 through an LMS (Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, D2L, or Sakai), you will need to create an Echo360 password to use the app. Your Echo360 login will use your LMS/Institution email address.
2) If your instructor exports Echo360 class engagement data to the LMS gradebook, you MUST click the Echo360 link from EACH LMS course at least ONCE through a browser. This is to establish your "presence" through each LMS course to Echo360 and ensure that your participation in the Echo360 section is properly exported to the LMS Gradebook.
If you are an LMS user you are strongly encouraged to review the information in Mobile Apps and LMS Users.