In order for students to access Echo360 content, an Instructor or an Admin must add an Echo360 content link to the course.
Who can do this? A Blackboard Admin can do this for all courses, or an Instructor can do this for their own courses.
Handy Tip: At the bottom of this page is a procedure for adding the Echo360 Link to the left navigation. This may be more convenient than requiring students/instructors to click Content then click the Echo360 link.
To add the Echo360 LTI tool link to courses
- Log in to Blackboard as an administrator OR instructor.
- Navigate to a course.
- Click Content from the Course navigation in the left panel.
- Click Build Content, to open the content menu, then select the Echo360 LTI tool (it should be clearly named).
- In the Create content page, enter a Name that makes it clear this is the link for Echo360 class content.
This Name will be the text of the link that users will click to access their Echo360 content.
- You may also want to add a Description, to make it clear this is the link to Echo360 classroom content. This is optional.
- In the Grading Options section of the create content form, enter 100 for Points Possible (Echo360 exports analytics as percentages).
- Complete the other options at your discretion.
Note that setting Visible to Students as "No" means that you can configure the link but students will not see it until you set this to "Yes".
- When finished, click Submit. The link should now appear (with the given name) in the Content page.
You (Admin or Instructor) can now click the link and configure it using the below instructions. BE ADVISED that until the target Echo360 section is selected, students will see a message indicating that the section has not yet been activated.
Completing the Blackboard Link into Echo360
Quick instructions for configuring the assignments link into Echo360. If you need more detailed instructions, see Linking LMS Courses to Echo360 Sections (Class List) or Linking LMS Courses to Individual Classes/Classrooms.
- Click the link to Echo360 you just created.
- Use the drop-down list(s) to select the Echo360 section you want to link to.
- Select Link to the Section Home to link students directly to the section class list.
Select Link to a Classroom to link students directly into a Class in the section, then select which class.
- Click LINK CONTENT to complete the configuration.
Once you link through, you are automatically enrolled as an instructor in the target section.
Some students may find it more convenient to access the Echo360 content if a link to it is more obvious. Creating a "link to the link" directly in the Course navigation list may help users engage with the Echo360 course content more readily.
Note that the above steps to create the Echo360 link in the Content area must have already been completed. The below steps simply provide a left-navigation shortcut to the same link.
To configure a left-navigation link to Echo360
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to the course where you want to add the left-navigation link.
- Click the Plus sign (+) located above the Course navigation list, and select Course Link from the menu.
- From the Add Course Link dialog box that appears, select Browse next to the Location text box.
A popup box appears showing all of the course links available to select.
- Expand the Content folder, then select the Echo360 link created using the instructions at the top of this page.
- Edit the Name of the course link if necessary (this is the text that will appear for the link in the left navigation).
- Enable the Available to Users checkbox.
- Click Submit.
The link you created now appears in the left navigation for the course, as shown in the figure below. This allows users to navigate directly to Echo360 from the Course home page.