When you navigate to a particular course, the Classes tab for the course appears by default. This is typically referred to as the class list page, and logically, lists all of the classes for that course/section.
To open the Class List page:
- From your DASHBOARD, click ALL CLASSES for a course.
- From the main menu, click COURSES and select a course from the drop-down list.
The course appears with the Classes tab active. The class list provides access to the class-related functionality described here.
The below image shows a class list containing classes created by a capture schedule as well as a group created by the instructor to hold classes with similar topics. See Working with Classes and Groups for additional information on editing your section's class list.
Classes whose text is grayed out are future classes; classes in black have already happened (or have no date/time). You can publish content to any class (past or future) as long as the media slot is available. The differentiation in color is simply to identify those classes that have not yet occurred.
Class List functionality is as follows:
- To enter the classroom - Click on the class row. This opens the instructor's classroom view, displaying the content currently published to the class.
- ALTERNATELY, click the content icon for a class and then select View. This also opens the classroom but with the selected content item maximized and in focus (either the capture or the presentation).
- Change the order of classes in the list - Click the Reorder button then click and drag classes to move them around in the list.
- Add a class - Click the New Class button at the top of the list and enter the details for the class. New classes appear at the bottom of the class list, though you can move them to wherever you like.
- Add a group - Click the New Group button at the top of the list and enter the details for the group. New groups appear at the bottom of the class list, though you can move them to wherever you like.
- To add classes to a group, first create the group, then enter Reordering-mode to click and drag classes into the group.
- Edit class/group details - Click the Edit icon on the row (it looks like a pencil). This allows you to change the details about the class, such as the class name, description, or date/time entered for the class.
- Delete a class or group - Click the Delete icon on the row (it looks like a trash can). This allows you to delete the class or group from the course.
If you select to delete a group, you are given the option to also delete the classes in the group, or retain them and move them back to the main class list.
NOTE: Deleting a class also deletes all student notes, bookmarks, Q&A and analytic data for the class. The media contained in the class still resides in your LIBRARY page but will need to be published again for students to view it.
See which classes will be streamed LIVE. If your classes will be streamed live and in real-time, a LIVE badge appears next to the Class Name.
- A gray LIVE badge () indicates a future class that will be streamed live.
- A green LIVE badge () indicates that this class is currently being captured and streamed.
- A green dot next to the class name indicates the class is happening right now.
Note that a green dot always indicates a class happening at the moment. Only classes with a LIVE badge are captured and streamed in real-time to class participants.
Click on a Content Icon to open a menu with commands for that media, such as view, edit presentation, edit availability settings, remove, etc. See Working with Class Content for additional topics and information.
Select View from the Content Icon menu to enter the classroom with that content item maximized and in focus.
- A grey presentation () or video icon indicates that this content is not available to students.
To make it available, click on the icon then select Make Available from the menu that appears.
Alternately, a gray icon may indicate that the scheduled capture is not yet available.
- A green video icon () or presentation icon () indicates that the content is available to students.
To make it unavailable, hover over the icon then select Make Unavailable from the menu.
To set date-based availability, click the content icon and select Availability settings from the menu.
Click the PLUS icon () to add content to the class. You can add ONE video and/or ONE presentation to each class. If you have additional content you want to publish to the course, create a new class to hold the content.
Click the Conversation Bubble icon () to open the Q&A tab and view the questions and responses posted for the class. The number to the right of the icon indicates how many questions have been posted for that class.