Being "in the classroom" means viewing the content or media as it was (or will be) presented to students. You can watch the class as it was recorded, as well as view any other presentation materials you may have provided for the class.
The In-Classroom Tools let you view posted discussion items about the class, and respond to them as you see fit. You can also see if students marked any parts of the class as confusing. These items are also viewable on the Q&A Tab and the Analytics Tab respectively, but seeing the content exactly as it was presented to students can help you determine and isolate any parts of the material you may need to clarify further.
Playback Bar Auto-hide: To increase the amount of screen space available for classroom materials, the playback bar now auto-hides. It should appear when you first enter the classroom then disappear after a few seconds. To reveal the bar again, hover your mouse over the bottom of the classroom window. See Using Classroom Tools for more information on the functionality located in the playback bar.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE however that if the classroom only has a presentation, you will not see a playback bar, as the controls will not apply.
To view content in the classroom
- On the DASHBOARD, find the course containing the class you want and click ALL CLASSES. The class list page appears.
- Click on the class row. The classroom opens.
- Use the playback bar at the bottom of the classroom viewer to control the video or navigate through presentation pages.The figure below shows a classroom capture with a single video in the capture, as well as a separate presentation loaded to the class.
- Click one of the media panels to maximize that media in the window, and swap with the currently displayed item.
- Click the Layout icon on the right side of the playback bar to change the layout of the visual items in the classroom. Rotate through all of your options to see which works best for you. See Using Classroom Tools for details on the classroom controls and functionality.
- Click the Sources button to enable or disable one or more visual feeds. See Using Classroom Tools for details on the classroom controls and functionality.
- Click the Discussions icon to open the Q&A panel. Any questions or comments posted for this class, along with their responses, appear in the panel that opens on the right side of the classroom. You can post or respond to questions in this panel.
- Click the New Question icon to open the Discussions panel with the New question text box open and ready for input.
- If any students flagged this classroom material as confusing, the Confused flag (located to the right of the New Question icon) is highlighted and has a notification dot with the number of students who flagged the content. Use the Analytics tab to see exactly what portion of the content the student was viewing when they clicked the flag.
- When you are finished viewing this class, click the Class List link at the top of the classroom toolbar to jump directly to viewing another class.
- Alternately, click the Section Name at the top to exit the classroom and return to the Class List page.