NOTE: Some institutions disable the Q&A functionality; if you do not see the Questions button or Q&A tab described below, check with your school's help desk to see if this is the case with your institution.
The Q&A tab for the course allows you to post questions or comments about the course in general or about a particular class. You can design the questions to elicit responses from students or to provoke discussions among class members on a topic.
To create in-class activities and questions for students to answer, see Adding Interactive Slides to a Presentation.
To post questions for a course
- On the DASHBOARD, find the course containing the class you want and click ALL CLASSES.
The class list page appears.
- Click the Q&A tab.
- Click NEW QUESTION.
The left panel changes to show the new question fields.
- Enter a question or discussion text into the New question text box.
- Click the paperclip icon to attach a file to your question (a graphic or other item) if appropriate.
- Use the Select a class drop-down list located immediately below the question text panel to associate the question with a particular class. If one is selected, the question appears in the classroom by clicking the Discussions icon of the classroom toolbar. If you do not select a class, the question is categorized as a General Question about the course.
- Enable the Post anonymously slider to post your question without using your name (other course instructors can always see who posted a question or response).
- Click POST QUESTION.
The question appears in the question thread.
Editing posted questions
You can edit any questions you have posted to a class. You can only edit your own posts.
To edit a question
- Open the Q&A tab for the class
- Find and select the question you want to edit so that it appears to the right of the page, as shown in the above figure.
- Click the menu arrow (also called a "chevron") located to the right of the question.
- Click Edit from the chevron menu.
The left panel changes to show Edit Question fields and selections.
- Make changes to the question text as needed.
- If appropriate, use the Select a class drop-down list to select or change the class to post the question to.
- Enable or disable the Post anonymously slider as appropriate (other course instructors can always see who posted a question or response).
- Click SAVE when finished. Alternately, if you change your mind about editing the question, click the X in the top right of the Edit Question pane to cancel any changes and close the editing fields.